Start a new thread

5,381 to 5,400 of 6,191 replies

It's been a  lovely sunny day. Lawns cut. Picked more crunchy sweet carrots,,Beetroot, lettuce and toms,too.  (another week maybe left of toms but all ripening or ripened)

Oops,  past the curfew.  Aaaaaaaaaah!

fidgetbones

Morning all. OH up early to drive to Glasgow, so of course I'm awake too. I might get another doze in a bit.

Stacey Docherty

Morning all .... It's parcel day!!! Lol sadly that was my first thought (after 5 more mins) when I woke up......... back is still killin me need coffee and pain killers. Have a good day all

Dovefromabove

Morning all  My parcel arrived yesterday - warm jumpers now in chest of drawers

The sun's been coming up in a red-gold sky with lots of pink fluffies around - rain is forecast for later so as I've got the day off I'll use it to visit my parents and possibly pop a bit further south to see son and daughter-in-law.  Then when the weather picks up (as they've promised it will) I'll have tomorrow and the weekend to play in the garden 

Hope your back's better soon Stacey!

chicky
Talking of parcels .... My burncoose one arrived yesterday - and you were right Verdun, i was not disappointed. Lovely big healthy plants. Very excited by my new thalictrum hewitts double - was captivated by it both at Sussex Prairies and Wisley a week later. (And won't mention the WS for fear of being accused of gloating - lets see if i can keep them alive first).

On a train (again) - but earlier than usual so this is a seriously miserable hardened commuter one. Wonder what they would think if they knew i was talking gardening, rather than landing that next big deal!

Advertisement

Woodgreen wonderboy

Your commuting reminds me when I was a long distance commuter. Fares were reasonable, only £16 per month from Southampton to Waterloo!, fast trains , a seat, and tea and toast from the buffet car for the equivalent of 6p. Working on your laptop was confined to reading a newspaper!  Long time ago, and yes trains had been invented.

chicky
Tea and toast ! Now that does sound civilised!
Dovefromabove

Oooh, tea and toast on the train - I remember travelling down south on the Brighton Belle to pick up a bridesmaid - we went First Class for a treat and had scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast as it was the week before we were getting married - in 1970!!!

Woodgreen wonderboy

Snap, I got married in 1970, but never travelled on the Brighton Belle. Nearest I got was watching the Bournemouth Belle steaming past the level crossing near my home. Used to stand on the footbridge and run through the steam. Happy days...

Fairygirl

You're all very nostalgic this morning! 

I remember when it was all just fields...

chicky
Stop, stop - all i've got today is a brunch bar that tastes like cardboard
Fairygirl

We had running water Woody - down the walls...

fidget- hubby will need his brolly for Glasgow today- better for tomorrow though.

Dovefromabove

As I drove to work yesterday I could smell bacon sarnies - I've got the day off today - shall I make bacon sarnies for brekkie?  How many and who wants a slice of grilled tomato in theirs?

Fairygirl

I've had toast Dove- can you rustle me one up for lunch later? 

I'll send the tomatoes if you like- still got loads ripening away.

Advertisement

4thPanda

I'm for a bacon sarnie please Dove 

Chicky, I like to listen to Famous Five stories when on a packed commuter train. It makes me chuckle to myself as fellow passangers are all so grumpy looking. Maybe I'm not so normal . . . 

Dovefromabove

Plenty of tomatoes here 

Bacon's under the grill .... 

Fairygirl

keep some for me- off to work in the lovely rain..

Woodgreen wonderboy

I mustn't eat too much for brekkie as I am off to luncheon club with friends. Excited as it's my first time