London (change)
Today 16°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 9°C
19/09/2013 at 18:02

I would be psychologically starved Tracey,

19/09/2013 at 18:06

I would keel over. if I don't eat every four hours , my blood sugar plummets and I feel faint.

19/09/2013 at 20:15

Whoops! better find the evening thread 

20/09/2013 at 07:07

Morning all , dreadful conference yesterday, awful travelling too, arrived late - Leeds! Never ever drive through Leeds even with a sat nav. Another venue crossed off my list. Speakers too, lectured like students but 10 years out of date! And I lost a days pay to go! Not happy, can't wait to do online feedback! Sorry, rant over.

Watched around the world in 80 gardens to s.africa to calm down, that was nice. Got rhs how to garden out of library,

Work today and another conference tomorrow

20/09/2013 at 07:25

Good morning all 

Think I'd better take OH a cuppa - he's overslept 

20/09/2013 at 07:26

RHS how to garden, lovely and great reference book.

80 days , liked the part where Monty mused about letting the plants do their own thing rather than being pruned and clipped to please us. For me, a bit of both but must say that the clipping neatness is easier to achieve unless you've got lots of space to allow the plants to sprawl away and have a good eye to create pleasing combinations which look good all year - this is going to be my next challenge, oh dear! ( didn't like Monty voicing his negative opinion about s.africa national flower, which was quite pretty, although I can see his point about it being ugly too , but his opinion was too strongly put and the lady looked uncomfortable) sorry more ranting, still not recovered from yesterday.

20/09/2013 at 07:28

Morning all.... Just updated my iPhone and iPad to ios7 don't like it....downloaded it on oh iPad and he's not happy cause it will wreck his game.... aaahhhhhhh shame.... Wet start today I'm still reeling over my slug facts can't believe some of the things Bout them.....

20/09/2013 at 07:39
Slugs are on my list of things its best not to know too much about!

A conference on a Saturday Mrs G- now that is something to rant about;(
20/09/2013 at 07:44
Ooops - that smiley didn't work. Is it even possible to wink whilst frowning?? Just tried it out - man opposite me on train is looking alarmed
20/09/2013 at 08:13

A frowny wink works just fine chicky, so some people talk what they type , are you gesturing what you type to upset the poor fellow?!

Rather do sat conference than lose pay mid week to be honest. This one is usually ok so not too bad.

20/09/2013 at 08:15

Morning all. Brighter here today thankfully. Yesterday was a wash out. Plenty to keep me busy outside - birds are attacking the feeder with relish - well beaks anyway- so I may have to go to the GC for more food and  I should take a look at new spades as I can't repair my old one. I won't be looking at or buying any plants/bulbs of course... 

Path to sort along side of shed now that I've raised the ground level there so that's apleasant little job. Bark to put down there. Got some little white cyclamen that were abandoned in B&Q yesterday so will put them in one of the alpine pans for autumn/winter. I love them.

May need that bacon roll today Dove   

20/09/2013 at 08:34

Beautiful late summer morning here in happy valley. If I say I am going to start scarifying my lawns I will have no option will I... or I will have to own up this evening, and invent a lame excuse   Bit damp at the moment.............no, I really must get on.

20/09/2013 at 08:39

Oh WW, while you've got the scarifying equipment out .... my lawns are only little .... pretty please .... 

20/09/2013 at 08:42

I'm on my way... anyone else on my route to norfolk?  

20/09/2013 at 08:47

You could come by here for a cuppa on the way WW. But my grass (hardly a lawn) can keep it's moss, clover and all the other goodies in there

20/09/2013 at 08:52

Can you come via Scotland Woody? It's not far really. I can make you a cake.

Actually my front grass is looking very lush after the treatment earlier in the year. A few things creeping in but not requiring any action till spring. Looking forward to getting my bare root hedging to put in there. Nice and jaggy! 

20/09/2013 at 08:53

Woody there is a lean in ascot that needs scarifying and airing!!!

20/09/2013 at 08:54

I shall have to bake a cake!  

20/09/2013 at 08:56

Hang on a mo, I need to get out my diary and satnav...

20/09/2013 at 09:13

Flask of tea, gingernuts, sat nav... the list is now closed.. oh you don't mind if I do my lawns first? Bye..