London (change)
Today 10°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 10°C
03/04/2013 at 23:19

Check your weather out Nutcutlet.  Temperature's rising. Then again, I don't believe a word these forecasters say.  Just like politicians.

03/04/2013 at 23:57
Tina, the weather soon will be "simply the best"
Ok......I'll get my coat
04/04/2013 at 00:10

Quick Verdun.

Just wanted to beat Brumbull to it so, Goodmorning All.

Now going to tippy toe to bed.

04/04/2013 at 06:31

Morning, forkers. Absolutely KNACKERED this morning after my day in the garden yesterday. Thought I'd already broken myself in to it in the last mild spell and was rather pleased by the lack of aches and pains then. I was WRONG....

04/04/2013 at 07:02

Good morning all   It's my daughter's birthday today - (how can I have a daughter of that age???)  so I'll be heading south to have lunch with her, calling in on my Aged Ps on the way - so a lot of miles to drive today and I'm likely to be shattered when I get back - OH is sorting supper  and I'll come and sit on the sofa with you lot and see what new gardening queries you've answered - there seem to be lots more just recently - I suppose it's the time of year, it can hardly be the weather

How many gardening queries will we get when things start growing I wonder 

Have a lovely day everyone 

04/04/2013 at 07:34

Hi, another sharp frost in the night but a sunny morning, seems you cant get one without the other. Picked up a 6 pk of strawberrys for €2.49 and lollo rosso and chilli plugs for €1.49. All half price

Now if they would water them, they would practically walk out the doors at those prices. This week I think around here is looking good for actually getting going with the garden.

Any way you should find me in the green house potting up this morning  

04/04/2013 at 08:08
Verdun wrote (see)
Tina, the weather soon will be "simply the best"
Ok......I'll get my coat

Verd 

Very good prices Blackest..was going to buy some strawbs last weekend but managed to resist...maybe this weekend though  I've sown the lettuce seeds I have but I do like l.rosso so I might get some for sowing later.

No frost here today but dry and light cloud. Had to water plants this week - plants needing watering in April - in the west of Scotland? Almost unheard of 

Have a good day all

04/04/2013 at 08:27

Ditto westerly Wales, FG. I have never watered in April before.

04/04/2013 at 08:29

A while before I'll need to water here in 'dry' East Anglia

04/04/2013 at 08:30
Morning everybody.
Dove have great day.
Morning Brumbull.....few hours behind you!
It's sunneeeeeeeee again
04/04/2013 at 08:38

Sun seems to have disappeared here in Wales. Not a bad day, though. Family visiting and bi-monthy retired teaching pals get-together so not much gardening today. Looked around the group last time and thought, 'Gosh, we're old now!' Grey hair, lost figures and disabiity abounding. Except me, of course. I'm still 27, as I've celebrated on other threads. I did have a tumour removed from my head a few years back, and walk rather drunkenly (especially when leaving pubs) and am pretty deaf as a result of tumour, but what's that when you are 27 and fit as a fiddle?

04/04/2013 at 08:54

Right, off now - have a good day everyone 

04/04/2013 at 09:08

You too, Dove.

04/04/2013 at 10:14

Am up now. Not a very nice day here. Dark, windy and cold, but things can only get better. That was for Verdun.

Speaking of age, felt a little better yesterday evening when I saw an elderly neighbour alighting from the bus.  Had thought she had popped her clogs last week and then realised that, agewise, I was next in line in my little stretch of the road. Reprieved.  I live to fight another day.

10 year old granddaughter turning up shortly.  Think we may be watching the Penguin prog recently on TV as she didn't see it.  So it looks like the sofa calling again.

GG, I'm only 21.

04/04/2013 at 10:20
Tina, same age as me
I got to see noddy, tele tubbies and the rest. I actually enjoyed them...luverly days.
04/04/2013 at 10:35

yes , resistance is ... hard, I managed the other week to avoid buying strawberrys, with the weather being so iffy i think i was right not to just too risky. There is still a few more frosts left to come tonight and tomorrow night are quite likely. somebody give that jet stream a kick and send it northwards, until that moves it's going to be hot/cold interspaced with cool and raining.

04/04/2013 at 10:37

It's only when I look in the mirror that the bubble is burst Vernun.  Was laughing with my youngest son last night as they had the chap out of 'Lazy Days' on and I spent many hours watching that with my grandchildren.  I won't mention what I remember as a kid on TV.  I can remember 'Dick Barton, Special Agent'.

Back to my rocking chair.

04/04/2013 at 11:13
Tina, I remember dick Barton too.
Ain't that sad?
04/04/2013 at 11:47

Thats life Verdun.

04/04/2013 at 12:50
Yea........but noddy was very good and I loved his car. I actually made one..yellow n red, horn, padded seats, private number plate, brakes etc. but police pulled me up for speeding ha ha