London (change)
Sat 10°C / 5°C
Tomorrow 10°C / 10°C
05/10/2013 at 16:26

Eerrggghhghg who infected me?? Own up

05/10/2013 at 16:28

I'm having a break- cup of tea and bic - since there's no cake on offer....

Did you eat it Verd? Re your friend- that's why I like buying plants at this time of year - other people think they're dead if they're not hoaching with flowers. My new Cimcifugas are flowering - they look good and the bees are loving them.

Been assembling raised beds - getting on well but running out of screws and paint and power in my drill/driver. If I can get a bit more done I might get the linings done and get some compost and plants in. 

Think I forgot to have lunch. Maybe that's why I'm hungry....

05/10/2013 at 16:32

Stacey - I know the culprit - I posted his picture yesterday - he's been going around garden centres spreading flu germs, and now he's called in sick for his job this evening - and he only works for an hour or so a week 

05/10/2013 at 16:52

Had a great day, busy busy busy.

Just look (so proud) all given their very own pot and ready for a brand new growhouse (hopefully).

OOps cant post pic from here, hang on a min...

05/10/2013 at 16:54

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/32163.jpg?width=276&height=350&mode=max

05/10/2013 at 17:55

A good afternoon's work Mrs G 

I'm afraid I didn't bake a cake today  'cos there was a casserole in the oven, - I'll make one tomorrow .... promise 

Pudding this evening is sliced pineapple, marinated in rum, sprinkled with mint sugar and grilled - with vanilla icecream ..... how many people are we expecting? 

05/10/2013 at 17:55

It's our Bwucie.,,

Fairygirl, glad ??ou like them.....they get better, much better, each year 

05/10/2013 at 17:56

Pudding Verdun? 

06/10/2013 at 07:38
Morning all
Only me up?
06/10/2013 at 08:04

Morning all. Well feel better today gotta get Into the garden and harvest the chillies they are well ripe. Have a fab crop of cherry bombs gonna brine them for a week then stuff them with feta and preserve in oil yum yum!!! But now it feels like a porridge morning  oh and coffee lol 

06/10/2013 at 08:05

Morning mrsgarden, boy do I ache! My arms feel like they are about to drop off! Still shed base finished so we are having a very lazy day today, think we've earnt it. Think its going to be a beautiful day the sun is shining and the morning mist is rising over the field backing onto our garden. Perhaps a chance to spend sitting in the garden for awhile with abook and a cuppa

06/10/2013 at 08:26

Morning all.

What a beautiful morning,blue skies and sunshine

Plan to do lots of tidying up in the garden today,cutting down and general getting the garden ready for winter.

Blackberry and apple crumble for lunch today

06/10/2013 at 08:27

No MrsG - I was up - just not 'on' !

Tea and toast for me Stacey. Just another cup though...

Morning all. Dull and damp here. Got a visit to do this morning but hope to get some more done outside if it clears. Well done lily - it's a hard shift doing these things- I know only too well. Mine was going on a sloping piece of ground so I had a lot of levelling and concreting to do. It's worth all the effort though. I got loads done with my raised beds yesterday but need to get more screws,wood and paint to finish them properly. Will try and get them lined today and might even be able to get some plants in. 

06/10/2013 at 08:30

Sounds like everyone had a busy achey day day yesterday, evening thread quiet while all recovered I think.

I'm hoping my very dry and dark patch is now ok to start planning (again). I have trimmed overhanging trees to let some light in, dug deep and added manure. The peony has been split and planted right at the back - my idea is firstly that I don't mind loosing this but also when it's due to grow and flower, the ground may still be wet enough.We will see, a little experiment. Next plan - what goes in front? So I'm researching (again) plants for dry part shade (last time was dry, mostly shade and poor soil). Still have Vs miscanthus in mind but it's proving dif to get hold of so the plan is not concocted yet. Originally wanted tall back of border plants but may keep this patch with medium height and put a few lavenders in. It's about 2m wide x 3m deep (1,5m of which will remain very dry in summer), extends to a better behaved area. ...Phew I think I needed to get that straight in my own mind!

Son to swimming lesson now and to a party later.

Have a good day.

06/10/2013 at 08:31

It looks like its gonna be a great day! Just realised if in working nights tonight I'm not gonna get any sleep cause I have lo tomorrow !!!!! Gonna pull up all the toms today as they have the dreaded blight.... Wonder if I can convince oh to mow the lawn!!!

06/10/2013 at 08:49

Yes of course you can Stacey, just supply him with a cuppa now and then, that should do the trick

06/10/2013 at 09:21

Hello all  I had a much better night, no weird dreams or shivery sweats, still a bit snotty and coughy sneezy but definitely on the mend.  I've been lazing about this morning, but had better head for the shower then get dressed  - it's a gorgeous day out there   The dandelions need mowing but I think OH will do them tomorrow - think the tomato plants can come out of their pots now, only a few fruit left on them and they're nearly ripe -they can finish indoors.

Then it's a pear and almond cake to make and some pheasants to roast later.

06/10/2013 at 09:22

Not pheasants!  Partridges!  Doh!!! 

06/10/2013 at 09:24

Glad you're better Dove but I think you can have next week off to recover fully

Won't be much work left after that

06/10/2013 at 09:26

Nice idea Nut - but who's going to organise their Christmas lunch if I don't do it - or for that matter, my leaving do?  

There'll be precious little organising done when I'm not there