London (change)
Today 14°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 14°C
41 to 60 of 6,191 messages
Lyn
19/03/2013 at 15:50
Well there is the odd question about gardening Geoff
19/03/2013 at 16:21

I have never been in anything or joined any association in my gardening years before I have never had a need to.But with the sunsetting in my life I.ve found this last week or two to be a real rewarding bit of banter about gardening and other peoples views and ideas.You all seem to be a friendly lot of folks.So whats wrong with a theme about Morning Forkers Night Forkers Dinner Time Forkers nowt as I see it after all its about gardenind anyway.I.m glad I joined Gardeners World.Com. Its doing wonders for me learning how to use this blasted computer.Cheers Folks.

19/03/2013 at 16:26

Because there is there are plenty of places to already post things like that  Brian-and as as I said the term "forkers" was an original thought elsewhere.

19/03/2013 at 16:33

Just joined forum. Hello to all. Freezing cold here in Scotland so not much growing apart from chillblains! Is spring ever coming? Will just have to drink more tea and, if I was religious, pray for sun!

19/03/2013 at 17:06
Brian Cooper wrote (see)

I have never been in anything or joined any association in my gardening years before I have never had a need to.But with the sunsetting in my life I.ve found this last week or two to be a real rewarding bit of banter about gardening and other peoples views and ideas.You all seem to be a friendly lot of folks.So whats wrong with a theme about Morning Forkers Night Forkers Dinner Time Forkers nowt as I see it after all its about gardenind anyway.I.m glad I joined Gardeners World.Com. Its doing wonders for me learning how to use this blasted computer.Cheers Folks.

I don't believe there are any rules Brian about starting new threads so, 'Power to the People'.  Good luck with the computer.  You can only learn 'hands on'.

Hi Fairygirl. Very depressing this weather.  So fed up with all the rain.  First day since I don't know when that it hasn't rained. Is there a dance we can do for the Sun God?

Best get back to my accounts.  Had rather a long lunch break.

19/03/2013 at 17:21

Sotongeoff or may I call you geoff.I don.t know b....gger all about a web site or how to find my way around one. YET but I will I did.nt go to school much but I saw the scholars come out. So please understand me when I say I don.t want to tread anywhere it says keep off the grass.I followed a theme this morning because I came on it by accident I suppose. I.m not trying to justify anything its just the way the cookie crumbled this morning.

19/03/2013 at 17:26

Brian- you may call me Geoff

It is just I just dont see the need to duplicate things or separate gangs or cliques develop-and it should be like that

19/03/2013 at 17:35

Hey up TinaTurner thanks for your kind words. What would this world be like without kindness I mean I.m kind to me plants as we all are I hope. Having said that love been up to me alloment to day theres more life in a tramps vest than in my seed trays at the moment.Regards Brian.

19/03/2013 at 17:39

hi fairy girl and welcome to the forum we are a very nice bunch on here always ready to help.

19/03/2013 at 17:39
sotongeoff wrote (see)

Brian- you may call me Geoff

It is just I just dont see the need to duplicate things or separate gangs or cliques develop-and it should be like that

"should not be like that"-oops

19/03/2013 at 17:42

Hi Fairy Girl/Brian  just pop into whatever threads you like everyone is friendly and extra knowledge and experience always is welcome 

19/03/2013 at 17:56

Now the thing that really annoys me is people who park outside your house and play their music really loud, why do they think that I want to listen to their techno pop, I think that this is a real invasion of space and shows complete lack of manners and consideration for anyone else.

And as for the people who rev their engines first thing while they plug in their phone and ipod and adjust their satnav. Do these people never think about anyone else. Are they members of the me, me, me society.

19/03/2013 at 17:56

Hey up Rosa carriola thanks I.m friendly with everybody except the Chancellor of the Exchequer he even taxes me pension.

19/03/2013 at 17:59

Hi again Brian,

Join in with what you like and ignore what you don't is the way I go.

19/03/2013 at 18:06

He taxes mine as well brian 

19/03/2013 at 18:07

Sotongeoff I mean geoff on an allotment I had many years ago there was a clique who did unbelievable mischief so please I only try go with the flow its more fun init you should see our plot in the summer Sunday morning is like the Morecombe and Wise show.

19/03/2013 at 18:11

Bit like that here sometimes Brian (M&W)

Joslow-not sure if this is the right thread for ranting-just got told off for expressing my opinion elsewhere-perhaps I might get a friendlier reception on here-do you think so?

The only thing I'm finding slightly children of the corn here is the abundance of these pictures.. 

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/20173.png?width=200&height=200&mode=max

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/20174.png?width=200&height=200&mode=max

I know it's pedantic of me but I always associate this image with verdun

Got any 'ose?

41 to 60 of 6,191 messages