London (change)
Today 9°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 11°C / 10°C
11/10/2013 at 17:34

I'll just put the chairs up on the tables....

11/10/2013 at 17:59

Very true...

11/10/2013 at 18:04

Certainly something to learn from here today 

11/10/2013 at 18:09

Is she everywhere

11/10/2013 at 18:11
ATTENTION PLEASE...
KERCHINK OF SPOON ON GLASS...
MAY I HAVE THE PLEASURE OF INTRODUCING THE FORUM'S NEW THREAD...
IT IS AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW TO REPLACE THE MORNING AND EVENING 'FORKER' THREADS...

I GIVE YOU....

HELLO FORKERS ...

SEE YOU THERE
11/10/2013 at 18:16

Mrsgarden did you send that by mistake

11/10/2013 at 18:49

Yay brumbull is back. We thought we had lost you.  Yesterday we combined morning forkers and evening forkers into hello forkers. Unfortunately it attracted a nutter.

Welcome back.

11/10/2013 at 18:52

We missed you. Where you bin?

13/10/2013 at 00:16

Morning! Just incase GG wants to say hello xx

13/10/2013 at 10:15

GG only uses evening forkers- that's why she doesn't like combined one

13/10/2013 at 10:31

Sorry mabe thats my fault Thought GG chatted here too x

13/10/2013 at 10:44

I've only been on here about a month, and everyone has been so friendly I wouldn't want to upset anyone. 

13/10/2013 at 10:45

And extremely helpful too, very grateful

13/10/2013 at 10:46

Brumbull - it was like this ....

I'm an early riser and often I'm the first poster on here in the mornings, but it's sometimes been difficult to find the Morning Thread - sometimes it had disappeared way back a few pages - and the same thing happened in the afternoons - lots of time was taken trying to find the Evening Thread.  So I suggested that we amalgamate the chatty thread - after all it was mainly the same people posting on both and the same conversations were flowing from one to the other and back again.  Sometimes both threads were going at once with the same discussion at the same time which was very confusing and involved Detention!!!

Anyway, when I suggested it not everyone was keen so I did nothing.  That was a while ago.

Then last week Verdun and some others raised the subject again and it seems that quite a few people were in favour - I'd been out for the day so took no real part in the discussions, but when I got back I read the favourable comments to Verdun's original post, and his suggestion that I should start a Hello Forkers thread, so I did.

I don't remember anyone saying that they weren't in favour, but I may have been mistaken.

Everyone seemed pleased with the new thread, then a WUM called Penniesfromheaven appeared and tried to cause confusion.  

(Pennnies is aka Diddydoit4u who had been on the forum for a while, initially just posting about his gardening and offering advice, but of late he started making comments seemingly designed to ignite sparks - some were downright offensive).  He disappeared for a while but as soon as Pennies appeared Diddy's Let's Chat thread reappeared  - a bit of checking up and some comments made by him on there and The Pennie Dropped  so to speak

It's a shame that the mischief-making by Pennie/Diddy lead to a confusing start for Hello Forkers and seems to have put Gardengirl off.  

I hope that she'll visit it again - she'll find that it's the same people that posted on Morning and Evening Forker threads.  

I suggest that if she doesn't have the time to read what was posted in the morning then when she looks at the Hello Forkers thread she just starts at 6pm - that will have the same effect as when she used to visit Evening Forkers, as the rest of us just switched threads and carried on the conversations we'd been having on the Morning thread earlier.

I hope she'll give us another chance - she's very welcome 

13/10/2013 at 11:02

Getting shorter Brumbull !!! 

13/10/2013 at 11:36

Well done dove. Glad that's out in the open. 

13/10/2013 at 15:19

I also suggested one thread at least twice, but no one was keen so courage failed me.

Also, the thread that broke off and went elsewhere were nice people and they let me in with no trouble when they used this site. They have been unfairly critised in the past. It was just clashes of personality.

13/10/2013 at 15:46

They were nice people were they? 

"Sue, re GW, you got it 

http://n5.nabble.com/images/smiley/smiley_good.gif

http://n5.nabble.com/images/smiley/anim_blbl.gif

to them."

Thought you were one of the good guys BL, able to have a foot in both camps and maintain an open mind. 

13/10/2013 at 16:14

Busy best to live  and let live.

Clearly everybody is happy here. I am aware of some mischief making but why?  Why would someone from another forum want to spoil this one?  

We have had some nice non garden threads as well as garden ones.....purrfect. 

I tried another forum before this one and it was very highbrow, elitest and non welcoming.  Every comment was analysed and criticised.  Here we exchange ideas, advice, experience and humour on an equal level 

Just realised I'm posting on the morning forkers but it's fine.  

13/10/2013 at 16:26

I know......just eaten it.