London (change)
Today 13°C / 5°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 7°C
06/11/2013 at 09:14

Morning Brumbull!

I'm back in the office after two days away on a first aid course and there's .... nothing for me to do. So I'm spending my time wisely and coming up with more ideas for the garden. This house sale had better get a move on because my plans are getting bigger all the time!!

06/11/2013 at 10:39

I wish you luck dealing with the agents Bumbull, make sure you're stocked with plenty of red wine to help you cope with weeks after weeks of them messing you around! :/

New houses are terribly exciting... its hard work to keep your ideas reigned in though, especially on long evenings when all you want to do is retreat under a blanket and let your imagination go wandering. My partner has already worked out the log burner in the lounge, new conservatory, large garage and workshop, not to mention the new kitchen... he'd best get some over time in!!

06/11/2013 at 17:15

Not that bad a time to sell,Brumbull. Next door neighbours sold their house last week, only on the market for two weeks, and as several people fancied it, went to sealed bids, and they got £15000 more than the asking price. Apparently local estate agents are struggling to get more properties on their books, as everything seems to be selling so quickly! So, good luck where you are!

07/11/2013 at 07:41

Morning Brumbull

Glad to hear you've found a nice property, hope your offer gets accepted and your old property is sold quickly. By the way, just to be nosey, what business are you in?

Have a safe trip to the Midlands and greetings to Albert.

Sue

11/11/2013 at 14:31

Have a safe journey down South Brumbull.

I have had a brief swim in the garden, really hope we have a few days without rain soon!!

12/11/2013 at 09:51

Have a good trip Brumbull and buon appetito to you and Albert.

16/11/2013 at 17:18

Something seems to be missing from this thread..................?

21/11/2013 at 19:31

Return of the Wanderer! Hope all OK with you Brumbull?

22/11/2013 at 10:55

Hi Brumbull

Have a great day and a safe trip to Malaga. Are you flying or driving?

3 inches of snow this morning, yuk! Housework today

27/11/2013 at 05:25

Good morning earlybird!

What is this all about?

Brumbull wrote (see)

Another poster informed me via PM yesterday that some posters obviously using a certain thread to hide abusive words .. …… don't think there is any need for this do you ? is this what you grown ups do …? NO need for swearing on any forum whether you are in your little clique or NOT there is no reason . … ….. YES you know who you are 

Happy shopping, don't spend it all in the same shop!

27/11/2013 at 06:57

Morning all!

25/01/2014 at 07:38

Hi Brumbull, long time no see! What did you get up to in Spain? Thought I saw a mention of Egypt, what were you doing there, was it a side trip from Spain?

Have a good time shopping, hope you find your bench. Have fun with your new kitties, photo of them sometime? http://en.planetaemoticon.com/download-animals-cat-43-gif.htm

Cold here this morning, -5C and frost. Not even thinking about sowing seeds yet, though itching to get going like everyone else! Roll on Spring!

Regards to Albert too!

25/01/2014 at 09:39

Sounds like you had a great time! Hope your friends don't live near any of the troubles going on in Egypt.

See you discovered the emoticons, ha ha!

Look forward to seeing the photos, have a great day!

25/01/2014 at 17:46

Good evening forkers.I have had a good day on me plot digging manure in.Hope we have a few hard frosts to complete tjob.I also put some strawberries in the greenhouse (Camebridge Vigour) good early croppers but have to be looked after and kept a keen eye on.

26/01/2014 at 10:18

Morning Brumbull and Brian

Sunny but cold here today, snow expected tomorrow!

Brumbull wrote (see)

Well found a four sweater oak bench for my garden, not keen on the price though .... £428.00. !!

If your oak bench is wearing 4 sweaters Brumbull, it should be quite happy! Have fun at the GC.

26/01/2014 at 17:29

That is a beautiful, solid looking bench, Brumbull, well worth the money. Can just see you and Albert sitting on it contemplating your garden!

30/01/2014 at 07:01

Morning "ordinary" Brumbull What a shame, here I was, hoping to be "speaking" to Sir Brumbull and showing off my posh friend!

Baskets sound lovely, funny you should have made a round one. Just bought a booklet from Amazon called Hanging Baskets by the RHS and they describe how to make a round basket just like that! Lovely booklet with lots of suggestions of flowers for hanging baskets. Haven't decided what I will plant in mine yet, only have 3 that hang around the pergola (might get tempted to get a 4th one!).

Hope you and Albert have a great day and not too much rain.

30/01/2014 at 11:21

Mmm, watering baskets is a bit of a problem, they dry out so quickly too. This year I'm going to add a good portion of vermiculite to the compost in the hope it will keep the soil moist longer.

30/01/2014 at 15:44

Have you ever thought of writing a blog rather than limiting yourself to the constraint of the morning and evening threads with which to regale the world of your every notion?

30/01/2014 at 18:02
Clarington wrote (see)

Have you ever thought of writing a blog rather than limiting yourself to the constraint of the morning and evening threads with which to regale the world of your every notion?

Nobody is asking you to read them, Clari!