London (change)
Today 13°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 14°C
30/01/2014 at 18:05

Thanks for the tip Brumbull, do you put a small hole in the bottom of the MPC, so roots don't get water logged?

30/01/2014 at 18:20

Why does one assume one wouldn't want to read our wee Brums view of the world? I find people's enthusiasms most intriguing. 

31/01/2014 at 07:15

Good morning Brumbull, couldn't you sleep?

I agree with you, no more RAIN for you and the whole UK! Have been watching the news and do feel so sorry for all those people who have been flooded for so long. Absolutely tragic, nobody deserves that. I wonder where the farmers have put all their animals, how do you milk cows in a flooded barn?

Here it's lightly overcast and cold -7C at the moment. Think I might put my freezer drawers outside and defrost the freezer, it badly needs it.

Otherwise, nothing much planned, will take the day as it comes.

Have a good day and regards to Albert.

31/01/2014 at 16:31

- 7 ????   Br.......   Here in Somerset it is still raining .  Just watched a whole bunch of sheep racing down the road so some livestock is still being moved around.  They are the lucky ones tho - many more are suffering badly. Farmland too of course -  I know it is an old joke that farmers are never happy whatever the weather but they certainly have cause this last couple of years.

Not only the livestock in trouble but the wildlife too. 

Still, at least the Army are here so that's OK then 

31/01/2014 at 18:08

Phillipa, I don't think Brumbull bakes his own bread, he is lucky enough to have a Man Friday called Albert!

31/01/2014 at 18:18

How are the kitties, Brumbull, still driving Albert crazy?

31/01/2014 at 18:41

Hi Brumbull

Actually, I think the Army are a bit puzzled..............looking at the vast areas underwater it may have been more appropriate to send the Navy.

The Fire  and other Emergency services have been working flat out............not really much can be done whilst the rain still continues to fall.

As usual, too little, too late ..............the Levels are a unique system ........everyone is used to water but it needs a bit more "joined up" thinking to try and make the future liveable and workable for this area.

On the plus side, the Sheep pushing past my parked car at least cleaned the off side of the vehicle............a fleecy sort of car wash .  I'll have to try and turn the car round soon and hope the farmer brings them back up the street again.

Jokes aside, it is a serious problem but one which we seem doomed to live with at present - not just here in somerset..........I feel really sorry for all those who are having to live with floods. 

I've often wondered how seriously our Govt really take the SSSI's - at least one has been under water for weeks.  I can understsand that there are priorities - goes without saying - but there doesn't seem to be a really co ordinated response for people, crops, livestock and wildlife .

Sorry, this probably counts as a rant so I will just swim off and wish you all a Good Evening  

31/01/2014 at 18:57

Swiss Sue,

Can I get an Albert too ?   Sounds a heck of a lot easier than all that kneading and yeast and stuff

31/01/2014 at 19:16

Don't know Philippa, you'll have to ask Brumbull. I've no idea where he got Albert from! Unfortunately I haven't got one either, I'm my own Albert! As for bread, I cheat, I have a bread machine and buy ready-made bread mix!

31/01/2014 at 19:54

Swiss Sue.............I may look on EBay for an  Albert- they seem to do everything else you could possibly want

Brumbull............thanks for your kind thoughts..........I think I'll just go and pull the duvet over my head ( it is still dry thank goodness) and wake up in the morning to a brand new day.............the rain will stop eventually I suppose.  I wonder if EBay do Noah's Ark kits ?  Now there's a thought

02/02/2014 at 10:02

Good morning Brumbull, I see you were up at all hours again!

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/36889.jpg?width=350&height=338&mode=max

Hope you enjoy your roast beef and Yorkshire Pudding! Mmmmmh!

03/02/2014 at 09:52

Hi Brumbull, be careful travelling down South, lots of water about down there! Have a good day!

03/02/2014 at 09:59

Hello

03/02/2014 at 11:37

Hallo Verdun, how ya doin? Has the water gone to your head?

03/02/2014 at 11:45

Looks like your in the dog house again, Brumbull! Never mind, it'll all come out in the wash!

03/02/2014 at 12:51

I really was not going to rise to the bait, but I am afraid I just cant help myself.

Whilst you were away everything was sweetness and light and the "clique" on the other thread were getting along just fine. Now you have come back and surprise surprise a little bit of niggle has returned.

I suggest you either explain what it is, and who it is that upsets you, or carry on in your little clique of 2 !

04/02/2014 at 06:44
Blimey... It's peaceful in here this morning!
04/02/2014 at 07:42

iGrow wrote (see)
Blimey... It's peaceful in here this morning!

try hello forkers

07/02/2014 at 19:04

Hallo Brumbull, where are you? Hope all is well with you and Albert and kitties!

08/02/2014 at 11:41

Hi Brumbull.