London (change)
Today 16°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 11°C
04/04/2013 at 20:37

Evening Bev

Brum, this better be worth the wait, otherwise I will throw a hissing fit and so will GG.  You don't want to mess with her, you know.

04/04/2013 at 21:34

Indeed, Brum!

04/04/2013 at 23:59

We've been stood up.

05/04/2013 at 05:49

Good morning all   It's still flippin' cold out there - I've just been out in my jimjams to put the bins out Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!  But the birds are singing for all their worth 

05/04/2013 at 07:17

As above! Haven't put the bins out though - I have a manservant to do things like that! (He feels the same about making himself a coffee - he has a woman to do that kind of thing.)

Family here and funeral today, so happiness and sadness mixed. Lots of seedling to pot on. I did this openly in the conservatory/dining room yesterday and OH did not object, so will be continuing in nice warm surroundings when I get the chance. The windowsills are satisfactorily crowded already. 

Have a good day, everyone.

05/04/2013 at 08:46
Morning everyone
Weather looking promising again, some nice new jokes, a few lovely pictures of red dahlias garden and well wishes on this thread so a jolly good start to the day.
And enjoying a big bowl,of,porridge and raspberries...
And my peas have emerged this morning
Yippee!
05/04/2013 at 09:07

Verdun-raspberries yum  They grow well up here so Might have to add them to the ever growing list! 

Dove and GG- put my (recycling) bins out last night..

They'd better have emptied them this time or I'll have to have a rant..

Another promising day here-more fence painting for me no doubt 

Brum- are you just having us all on??

05/04/2013 at 09:26

Good morning everyone

For some reason the "view latest post" isn't working for me today, Grrrrr!

Hoping for some milder weather today, have to pot up some plugs.

Have a good day Forkers

05/04/2013 at 09:32

Morning all. Up early for me as I am off for a little bit of 'girl's' pampering.  Doesn't appear to be quite as cold, but I am soon to find out. Will feel rather silly when I have to walk home in sandals - don't drive. Just hope I don't meet anyone.

Brum - promises, promises.

05/04/2013 at 10:40

Morning All

Drains are blocked - outside so OH is striving to clear them. It was a case of first find a bucket without a hole and that is not full of garden important stuff 

Hope to GC later, but as the grey skies have appeared with a howling wind may stay warm and snug

05/04/2013 at 12:54

It is bl..dy freezing and my poor little feet are about to drop off.  The fierce wind has given me a headache.  I know there's no point in moaning about the weather but sometimes you just have to.

05/04/2013 at 16:21

Here we go again. This better be good.

Warm as toast Brum.

Had latest gas bill. It was only estimated and that's bad. I reckon it will be double what they have quoted having had it on for 24 hours a day for over 3 months.  Not going to bother about it now.  Have to be warm. Just going back to the gas bill, all I want to know is how much it is.  Why do they have to blind you with science?  Ridiculous.

05/04/2013 at 17:31

05/04/2013 at 18:01
Tina
Gotta keep warm and maybe worry,later.
Everyone's had to,use extra heat it, hopefully, not after this weekend.
05/04/2013 at 20:01

What's the cut-off point for the morning thread before we switch to the evening thread, brum?

05/04/2013 at 20:10

O.K. It's official - 6 p.m.

05/04/2013 at 20:19

Right, when I get home from work that'll be where I report in then? 

05/04/2013 at 20:32

I had a lovely time. first proper day in the garden. Sorted out all the hundreds of things in pots along by the GH. All waiting for me to plant them. I wasn't cold. Even took my coat off in the morning. Had a stroll round without shivering. A few bees about. Dead woodpecker and live robin in the GH. Catatonic looking newt in a pool. And another good day tomorrow I think

06/04/2013 at 06:41

Good morning all 

Shame about the woodpecker Nutcutlet  which sort?    

There's been a sharp frost overnight, but the skies are blue and there's a golden sunrise 

I had some strawberry plants arrive in the post - so no guesses what I'm going to be doing later today.  

06/04/2013 at 06:59

First load of top soil arrived yesterday evening , along with a few roots and lumps of clay. 

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/garden-design/ok-first-load-of-top-soil-what-to-do-with-it/78187.html

So need to get cracking with it early, since there will be another load later this morning The pickup holds about 4 tonnes. so the closer i can get it to where i want it the better.

Got to make sure i take my pills, I get pain in my left shoulder when I work hard. I think its down to angina believe it or not only hang over from a heart attack a few years back. Stents work great thou so should be ok. Still expect to be aching well this evening.

Nice red glow in the east here Dove think its going to be a nice day.