London (change)
Today 20°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 13°C
10/04/2013 at 10:41

Breakfast what an excellent idea TT Coffee pots just starting to brew

10/04/2013 at 10:42

That blooming little wheel has started up again. Is it going to another day of this forum going at snails pace? Let's hope those tech bods hurry up and get things sorted.

Sun's come out - bless it. So best get my act together.  Heard this morning that by Sunday it will be hot, or was I dreaming.

Hi Brum.  Hope you feel well soon.

10/04/2013 at 11:13

Good morning all,

Dove retiring no, when?   I thought about Miss Willmot's Ghost too.

I went to the Pound shop yesterday and got some Glory lily tubers and also tuberose bulbs for, yes, a pound. Also some fish blood and bone. I feel sorry for the garden centres when they are selling things at those prices but got to look after the pennies. I've not been disappointed with Pound Shop bulbs in the past.

10/04/2013 at 11:16

Me too, Pam. I get lots of basic stuff at the cheap shops, like potting on supplies, ferttilisers and garden sprays.

10/04/2013 at 11:45

You'll probably get the same message as I did Brum, but will probably understand it!

10/04/2013 at 14:31

Tina-have you had breakfast yet?  I gave up on the site last night as I was losing the will to live with the ever revolving wheel!

Brum- I'm sure the hellebores have made you feel better! I've missed all this chat on here today as I was at work Still- it keeps me off the streets... can't buy any more plants as I've nowhere to put them but at least I know anything I buy is unlikely to be eaten by s**&&ing rabbits!!!

I ought to go for  a walk but the hedging catalogue just arrived...

10/04/2013 at 15:10

Cheeky whatsit Fairygirl!  Usually breakfast at 10.30.  Just had lunch.  In now as I will have two young visitors in a minute. Got a bit cold actually.

10/04/2013 at 15:19
TinaTurner wrote (see)

Cheeky whatsit Fairygirl!  Usually breakfast at 10.30.  Just had lunch.  In now as I will have two young visitors in a minute. Got a bit cold actually.

It's not too warm here either TT. Debating walk but  this catalogue and it's warm in the house and there's tea to drink...

Thought you might have had rain today- it's heading up here tomorrow. Been a hint today and it's a bit thundery so hope it's not hail!!

10/04/2013 at 17:51

Rain supposed to be here this evening and tomorrow, Fairygirl. Have to pop out tomorrow so won't be gardening anyway,

That's sort of what I got yesterday Brum, but a bit more technical!  Just have to be a bit more patient won't we. Has been a long time though, hasn't it. 

10/04/2013 at 19:19

I know it's evening but my laptop hasn't been playing fair all day and kept loosing connection!!!

Brum wasn't it you who described Hellebore as muddy weeds??

10/04/2013 at 19:24
Hey....is that true Brum? Muddy weeds indeed!
11/04/2013 at 06:32

Good morning all  Soft rain here overnight, but the ground was quite dry here so no bad thing - temp down to 4C last night - looks as if it's going to be damp here today and tomorrow but a bit dryer and warmer over the weekend - and I've got Monday off too  looks like gardening weather! 

Just noticed - next post on this thread is No. 1,000 !!!! 

11/04/2013 at 06:37

11/04/2013 at 06:42

Morning all.  Wet and miserable here.  Best sort of day to spend in an office!  Save the sunny days for the weekend

11/04/2013 at 07:05

Morning all. Glad to see you're up at your more normal time today Brum ...

Dull here and we're to get a bit of rain later, hope you're right about the weekend Chick!

11/04/2013 at 07:43
Brumbull wrote (see)

Have'nt slept much fairy to be honest .... rough as old boots

Take it easy today then -I know how that feels only too well. Be kind to yourself today and plenty of tea flavoured drinks!

11/04/2013 at 07:47

If it's the lurgy I had and gave to Verdun it's horrid  take good care of yourself Brumbull.  Don't do too much.

11/04/2013 at 07:59
Morning FORKERS.
Get fit soon Brum
Looking bright and feeling warmer
Will sow runner beans seeds today......raw runner beans picked and eaten as a snack perfect on summers day
Have lovely day everypne
11/04/2013 at 08:08

Morning all. OH unwell with something suspiciously like a cold today. Has to spend the entire day taking his sister from one hospital to another for a visit to the cancer clinic. They have to go by ambulance rather than car because of her rheumatic  condition and that means an endless journey picking up and dropping off others. (Its just a checkup after cancer treatment last year.) The poor man has gone off dosed up with pracetamol, hand sterilisier in his pocket, hoping not to give his lurgy to anyone else.

Rain here today, though it has stopped for the moment. I hope it does not mean rain all next week because we are hoping for a few days away in our caravan. The gardens need it, though. Three weeks without rain, in Wales!

11/04/2013 at 08:10

Just looked out window and wondered what the strange wet stuff was ....omg it's raining!!!! 

Ages since we've had any but east side (Edinburgh area) of Scotland to get snow tomorrow! I hope it doesn't come west..

Hope it's warming up for us all  now though!