London (change)
Today 25°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 22°C / 17°C
61 to 80 of 6,191 messages
19/03/2013 at 18:14

Rosa he.s a real villain why tax me. My butlers poor so is my Chauffer aint life a bitch.

19/03/2013 at 18:14

Dave - 

19/03/2013 at 18:19

Sorry lazygardener there are somany chat threads I got a bit confused.

I am not worried about friendly just wanted to vent some steam.

19/03/2013 at 18:54

Whats the matter Geoff,  don't you like competition !

19/03/2013 at 18:57

Is there a prize?

19/03/2013 at 19:15
Rainjustlearning wrote (see)

Whats the matter Geoff,  don't you like competition !

Not really called for Rain was it?-it is not a competition-again you have always been made welcome-so why stir the pot?

19/03/2013 at 19:24
Brian Cooper wrote (see)

Sotongeoff I mean geoff on an allotment I had many years ago there was a clique who did unbelievable mischief so please I only try go with the flow its more fun init you should see our plot in the summer Sunday morning is like the Morecombe and Wise show.

Pity they're not still with us -they could 'bring me sunshine'....sorry! Thanks to all for the welcome. May not be on here very regularly but always happy to chip in. Oh, and sorry for no pic - I promise I'll try and find something to put on instead of the rubbishy non face!

19/03/2013 at 19:25

What on earth's all this about?

19/03/2013 at 19:27

I am getting very confused about all this-sems to be a lot of sniping going on

19/03/2013 at 19:29

Quite.

19/03/2013 at 19:30

Well as a lazy gardener do you do any snipping?

19/03/2013 at 19:35

Joslow-not sure what you mean?

19/03/2013 at 19:45

Hey up figrat I,m a new bloke on the block I am died in the wool allotmenteer I came across Morning Forkers  this morning whilst looking for summat else.I,m new to computing but not gardening so being a Yorkshire bloke I pushed the button just being nosey.Its ended up being the best laugh I,ve had in years and I,m 72.By the way it was started by Brumbull good on him.

19/03/2013 at 19:51
Fairygirl wrote (see)
Brian Cooper wrote (see)

Sotongeoff I mean geoff on an allotment I had many years ago there was a clique who did unbelievable mischief so please I only try go with the flow its more fun init you should see our plot in the summer Sunday morning is like the Morecombe and Wise show.

Pity they're not still with us -they could 'bring me sunshine'....sorry! Thanks to all for the welcome. May not be on here very regularly but always happy to chip in. Oh, and sorry for no pic - I promise I'll try and find something to put on instead of the rubbishy non face!

Is this pic ok? Best I could do - like to keep everyone happy! Brian- keep up the computer practice -you can always teach an old dog new tricks despite what they say!

19/03/2013 at 19:52
I think there's room for both threads. Fork handles will always be there..although I rarely contribute to it I always read it. It's brilliantly different...unique even.
19/03/2013 at 19:53

been planting on the verge primroses of all colours (not the wild ones)hoping spring is not to far away.

19/03/2013 at 19:57

Well I've been around for quite a while, both here and in my previous life on the BBC gardening boards, so I reckon I have a feel for how these boards function.

Also, as I'm not a regular contributor to the 'Fork Handles' thread,I reckon I can comment on this in an impartial way. 

I'm not sure if 'Brumbull' has an agenda by opening this thread & the choice of title,  but he/she does give the impression of someone who has a lot to say & likes to be noticed.

These boards have been running like clockwork for almost a year now, it would would be nice if it was to continue that way.

19/03/2013 at 19:59

Good idea for a thread, I'm usually at work during the week, up at 6am and then out by 8am  looking forward to my retirement, but the goal posts keep changing so don't know when that will be.

Will join in at weekends, happy gardening.

19/03/2013 at 19:59

Hello everyone, I think this thread is forming well and has more gardening talk than "Fork Handles", but I can see what Geoff means. I think there should be this thread but it would probably have been better to have called it something else, rather than "forkers". That is a bit special for the Fork Handles thread which is more of a  lighthearted banter theme that has been going for some time. It's a bit confusing to have two such similar names for two different threads  with different characters.

19/03/2013 at 20:06

Evening all I trust you've all had a good day.

Thank you BrummieBen for the advice re my sweetpeas. I'll leave them be then and see how they go. I've done loads so even if I loose a lot I'll still have enough to add some colour and fragrance to the garden.

The weather has been relatively ok here today and no where near as bad as the forcaste predicted. 

I went to the garden centre but resisted the temptation to buy, instead I went to Wilkies to get a replacement cover for my mini greenhouse and much to my annoyance found they've changed the size of them so ended up buying a new one plus a replacement cover for it! Oh and I bought yet more seeds.....heaven knows where I'm going to put them all  Going to have a bash at growing chillies and sweet pepper

61 to 80 of 6,191 messages