12/04/2013 at 07:53

bye Dove 

12/04/2013 at 08:04

Blackest, I keep being promised spring but it doesn't come. Is this one really going to happen?

12/04/2013 at 08:30
Morning everyone.
Chicky I have to have lists too. Often no need to refer to them as lomg as they are written I can remember them.
Enjoy your day at work dove
Nice vision there blackest ESP with warmer weather almost here
Nut, depends where you are this weekend but south east looks to be getting very hot but warm for all of us
12/04/2013 at 09:05
Brumbull wrote (see)

Raining non - stop since 5 this morning

Gone off here now but it's coming back on saturday night. There's no chance of it reaching mid to high teens at the weekend here I'm afraid but as long as that wind drops it'll be an improvement.

12/04/2013 at 09:12

Morning all just in for a quick cuppa a list to do no enough paper for my list i would like done but like you all we get there in the end. Started both front and back gardens from  being all red chips and concret lifted everything both now taking shape by June will be nice to look at with time it will mature well just like us all. 

12/04/2013 at 09:53

Morning all.  No rain at present, but not looking promising.

All day yesterday, I thought it was Friday, until son corrected me.  No idea why.

I am a list maker.  Have one getting longer and longer of things to get from GC.  Just need one of my cherubs to take me. 

Will contemplate what to do whilst I have brekkie.

12/04/2013 at 09:57
I'm sitting at my desk watching a pair of robins going in and out of a box on the wall opposite they weren't doing it yesterday so the eggs must've hatched overnight . I can see I'll spend a lot of time looking out of the window for the next couple of weeks
12/04/2013 at 10:02

Morning 

Yesterday, in the rain, I was shovelling, barrowing top soil which was just put on drive, until OH called me in as wet right through. As I am away for the weekend, despite the rain here I will have to carry on with the shovelling, barrowing and unloading.

Then wash the drive to keep neighbour happy

Still IT WILL be worth it in the long run - won't it?

12/04/2013 at 10:04
Dovefromabove wrote (see)
I'm sitting at my desk watching a pair of robins going in and out of a box on the wall opposite they weren't doing it yesterday so the eggs must've hatched overnight . I can see I'll spend a lot of time looking out of the window for the next couple of weeks

Oh Dove that's lovely! You need binoculars!  The ones visiting my feeders must have young somewhere nearby as well. They are constantly getting food! Simple pleasures!

What you having for brekkie TT?

12/04/2013 at 10:13

What I have been having for the past 10 years Fairygirl, Weetabix. Never ate breakfast until I joined yet another fat club, the only one that ever worked.  It's a hab, as I would rather not have anything, but it's good for me.  Boring aren't I. 

Just given my laptop a clean and now half the blooming keys aren't working. Having to bash a few. That's the extent of my cleaning today.

12/04/2013 at 10:21
TinaTurner wrote (see)

Just given my laptop a clean and now half the blooming keys aren't working. Having to bash a few. That's the extent of my cleaning today.

The breakfst thing is interesting. I've always eaten it as I couldn't function without something and my girls have always eaten it-varying from fruit to cereal to toast. They do say that people who eat breakfast are less likey to put on weight but I'm not sure I believe that!

Toast for me today!

12/04/2013 at 10:25

a bit of a vac might help your keyboard but put something like a thin sock over the end just in case you dislodge something.

12/04/2013 at 10:35

Blackest, why didn't I think of that. Only recently bought one of those little hand held vacs and never gave it a thought.  Stupid me gave it a bit of a bashing and then used a shaver brush! Think I probably pushed more muck in than came out.  Will give that a go. Thanks.

Fairygirl, breakfast is supposed to get the body going and also, it helps with your sugar level and energy.  You don't start flagging half way through the mornng.  In my case, lunchtime!

12/04/2013 at 10:36
blackest wrote (see)

a bit of a vac might help your keyboard but put something like a thin sock over the end just in case you dislodge something.

Old tights/popsocks Blackest-that's the answer! 

12/04/2013 at 10:54

I just looked out of the window to see a very exotic looking bird - lime green legs, bright red beak with a yellow tip, brown and black feathers, Unfortunately the camera isn't good enough for a photo.

OH reached for the bird book - a Moorhen - I never realised that they were such an exotic looking bird. Incidently I have no idea why it should be in the garden

12/04/2013 at 11:38

Just potted my petunia surfinia plugs i bought yesterday

hopefully here is a little youtube video for showing how to pot up plugs. Tea break time right now, and if the rain holds off i need to shift some top soil

12/04/2013 at 11:44

Aha to embed a you tube video you need the url from the youtube page. copy that and select image from an external site and where it says type select youtube video and the address that you copied from the address bar. kind of handy to know

12/04/2013 at 11:59

Oh, blast!! Just noticed it's raining - hard. Got to rescue the washing. 

12/04/2013 at 12:04

Digging didn't go so well  it's pouring, more tea while me and the dog shelter from the rain

12/04/2013 at 12:06

Blackest, you are a mine of information, a real facts collector. Me, I'm vague on facts, fascinated by ideas. This year, I'm writing down all I do and learn in the garden so I can't forget it.

FG and TT, I'm low-carbing now. Feels really healthy.

Just potted on more agastache and  some nemesias. Hope they survive our week away! A friend will water them. Windowsills completely smothered.