London (change)
Today 9°C / 5°C
Tomorrow 10°C / 9°C
81 to 100 of 6,191 messages
19/03/2013 at 20:08

Brumball, why did you choose a name so like Brumbull? Had you not noticed? I expect you are very nice, gardeners usually are, but it may be muddling for some.

19/03/2013 at 20:11

Hey up Brumbull its a fine mess youve got us into now Stanley.Laural and Hardy stuff here.My lovely wife is having the same problem with her daffs but she has got buds though. But a neighbours daffs are coming on fine quite lot in flower his bodes well for Easter.Regards Brian.

19/03/2013 at 20:11

Brumbull-why did you chose this name for this thread?

19/03/2013 at 20:17

Any reason why it can't be called the good morning thread to keep everyone happy with an explanation to say...this is the good morning thread...where we say hello at the start of the day...wellcoming new and old poster ( before I'm inundated with posters saying...that's an ageist comment Zoomer , I'm not referring to age)

May have missed something here....but...come on you guys lighten up...

19/03/2013 at 20:21
Brumbull wrote (see)
sotongeoff wrote (see)

Brumbull-why did you chose this name for this thread?

Well i would NOT of should i have realised it would of caused such a stir, and guess what i now have a secret admirer it seems ..... Brumball

The word "forkers" is used across this forum in several threads i did not realise it was only attached to one thread ? 

Not as far as I have seen-as we welcomed you on there it just seems odd

Why not let this one go and start again with a new title-peace and harmony and all that?

19/03/2013 at 20:22

Now now children....life's too short etc. I'm off for a cup of tea and put my feet up.Tomorrow is another day and it might even be a sunny one. Goodnight forkers.

19/03/2013 at 20:24
COME ON FOLKS. THIS IS NOW VERY SILLY. BOTH THREADS ARE EXCELLENT, COMPATABLE AND DESIRABLE.
MORNING FORKERS IS A COMPLIMENT TO FORK HANDLES.
I REALLY LIKE BOTH
BOTH ARE GOOD FOR A FRIENDLY FORUM
I HOPE THIS ISSUE DOESNT BREAK UP THIS FRIENDLY ENJOYABLE FORUM.
??????????????????
19/03/2013 at 20:25

Why are you picking on people Brumball?

19/03/2013 at 20:31

I don't see why we can't have both Fork Handles for the continuing chat thread and a daily, ephemeral Good Morning thread for those who don't want to wade through the FH thread to see what it's all about or who don't feel inclined to join it for whatever reason.     Whoever starts it each day would simply have to include the date in its title to differentiate it from the previous GM threads. 

19/03/2013 at 20:33

Now that makes sense-the voice of reason.

19/03/2013 at 20:34
Brumball, I believe you....how about starting a thread "morning....?".
I have a habit of putting my foot in it....done it on this forum and do it in real life. ,it's difficult sometime to see the offence caused by not realising it.
Someone has to step back......
If I see your thread amended by replacing "FORKERS" tomorrow morning I will be delighted to respond to it. Everyone will be very relieved I'm sure
19/03/2013 at 20:45
Trying to be tactful is not my skill I'm afraid Brumbull.
I'd much rather discuss plants.
When I say "everyone" I mean we all enjoy both your comments and Geoff's.
As a kid my dad always made us "put on the gloves"......boxing..to sort out our issues. I got quite good at boxing so clearly I had a lot of issues. Ha ha
19/03/2013 at 20:50

Looking forward to joining in the newly named thread tomorrow (hope I am not too late to join in). 

I think it is a great idea for a thread - although my Mon-Fri posts will be v boring!  However, looking forward to seeing what everyone else is up to so that I can add to my gardening to-do list for the weekend to come, when my posts should be a bit more interesting ....

19/03/2013 at 20:51
Brumball...Brumbull...BRUMBALL...I do feel that's this all moving into a space which is a bit threatening and has zilch to do with gardening. Which I happen to love.
19/03/2013 at 20:56

Perhaps this is just best left to drift downstream now-and perhaps someone can pick up on Obelixx suggestion in the morning ??

Verdun perhaps-and just keep it as a daily thread??

19/03/2013 at 20:59
I think obelixx is good suggestion for us all to take on ...see what happens tomorrow
19/03/2013 at 21:00
Brumbull.....I have been in exactly the same position as you. I stopped posting too. I sincerely hope you continue posting as I've enjoyed your comments.
If you feel strongly about your thread then keep going and I will be part of it
We will all get used to it.
19/03/2013 at 21:09

HEY UP everybody I,ve been sat watching you people for some little time now does it matter all that much what a thread is called. Someone has mentioned free speech. Its what has made this old country of ours what it is.Its taken a thousand years so a silly word or two dont mean nowt really.To get free speech and help keep it my father spent 4 years in a Japanese prisoner of war camp.He spent the rest of his life on his allotment and enjoyed it. I still miss him.

19/03/2013 at 21:21

Flippin well said Brian! Couldn't have said it better myself and I for one will be posting here again tomorrow and I hope not to be the only one.

I don't give a jot what the thread is called but what I do know is that when it first started this morning I quite liked the feel of what it was all about and where it was going and felt it was something I'd like to contribute to and to be honest I'm astonished it has cone to this!

19/03/2013 at 21:47

I think Obelixx and Verdun have made very sensible suggestions. It's all blown out of proportion. Come back Brumbull! We miss you already.

81 to 100 of 6,191 messages