London (change)
Today 26°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 18°C
23/04/2013 at 07:37

Bye Dove...enjoy the cake 

23/04/2013 at 07:50

Morning all, doesn't look too bad out there, but got an outpatienrs visit to spoil my day. so might not do much today.

Have fun

Still no brumbull?

23/04/2013 at 08:03

No blackest. Bit worrying. 

Have a good day- hope you're ok 

Off to work soon so hope everyone has a good day- whatever you're doing.

23/04/2013 at 08:41
Good morning peeps, weather is looking good here, beautiful sunshine. Chucks are out and fed, greenhouse checked but now it's time for work. Hoping the weather lasts til I come home this afternoon, I need to get in the garden!

Hope Brumbull is ok
23/04/2013 at 09:03

Morning Dove, Fairygirl, Andy, Chicky, Blackest, Woo and anyone who is reading this without posting.

Beautiful day here again. I am going to get something done today.

Hope everyone has a good day

23/04/2013 at 09:10
Bev Pounsett-Krynauw wrote (see)

Morning Dove, Fairygirl, Andy, Chicky, Blackest, Woo and anyone who is reading this without posting.

Beautiful day here again. I am going to get something done today.

Hope everyone has a good dayI

I'll drink (coffee!) to that!

23/04/2013 at 09:13

Morning Bev and anyone else who is still on, though I imagine the early shift have gone to work, now. Sun shining here at present, though the weather has been so changeable that I don't trust it to last. The sunshine is wasted on me, anyhow, since I'm off to Fat Club this morning to face the music after my holiday.

If it is still fine this afternoon, I'm going to start widening the borders and planting my holiday acquisitions! Everything already in the garden is springing up now, so it should be easier to see where things should go.Have a lovely day, everyone.

P.S. Come back, Brumbull!

23/04/2013 at 11:00

Morning everyone.  I know I'm late, but I do have a good excuse. Had brekkie and then took on the DVLA.  What a bunch of wallies! Just written yet another letter because they are soooooooooo inefficient and am spitting feathers.  Not my problem really, but I appear to be the problem solver.  Either that or I am just a busy body. Mmmm perhaps that's it.

Am now going to cut the grass as it is a beautiful day - far too nice to be sitting in here.

Enjoy.

Loz
23/04/2013 at 11:19

Well I know its getting a little late to wish all you early birds a good morning but I've only just seen the thread....and what a great thread it is too! Love listening to what you're all up to. Been pretty busy myself planting and weeding and here in Wales the sun is shining lovely. Think I'll be making the most of it for most of the day. Now I've found you all I'll keep in touch!!

23/04/2013 at 11:28
Morning everybody
Brumbull was talkIng about jetting off to Spain in his mankini. Perhaps he was trying it out down the town and got arrested
Come on Brum ...you ok? Not same without you.
Got volunteering at foodbank soon
Planted out peas and potted on perennials into larger pots
Warm with a hint of drizzle.....oh no, that's my dog!
23/04/2013 at 13:03

Verdun

Hi Loz.  By the time I usually get here, everyone is busy at work or in the garden. 

Have just come in for a rest.  Did vow that I would take it easy today but once you get out there, it's like a drug.  Mowed the lawn, distributed some of my mound of earth I have accumulated and tidied and swept the shed.  Thinking of putting a portaloo in there for convenience. Will give it a couple of hours then off I go again.

23/04/2013 at 13:09

Hi All, Late so it isn't morning. 

Busy , busy. Had to move plants for shade from nursery into shade as were not looking to good

Bought a conifer yesterday and it is soaking prior to planting.

Watered GH - what a lot of water and watered potato bags(6) - hope my butts hold out

Thanks fro comments about family bed. Will post photo when it is planted up.

Loz
23/04/2013 at 13:12

You're quite right Tina! I love it!!! poor house does get neglected from now onwards. Just popped in for a bacon sandwich and a cuppa then its back out for me. In the middle of potting up my toms, not sure if I'm a little early but they look a bit leggy so thought I'd give it a go....still very,very new to all this

23/04/2013 at 13:19

Was going to hoover today Loz, but how can you stay indoors when the weather is so good.  Been doing that for the past 4 months.  Can't help with growing things, I'm afraid.  Someone will help though.

Loz
23/04/2013 at 13:42

Well I'm not going to do all of them so if they flop I will of learnt something. Its all trial and error with me... Oh well back to it, Happy gardening!

23/04/2013 at 13:45

Back from work hurray!

Tina-These companies......see GG's rant thread! Just got a very apologetic letter from Barclaycard. They're trying to keep me as a customer -don't know  why as I cost them money-they won't bother once they get the cut up card by return post..and maybe a horse's head.. 

Portaloo? Just use a bucket.

Matty-when you say 'hope my butts hold out'??....see above reply to Tina....

GG hope Fat Club was ok!

Verd-is the dog not warm with a hint of dribble??

Right -off to do a bit more as it's dried up-will just finish my tea..

23/04/2013 at 14:30

Hello people, what a beautiful day it is. My dad goes into Brighton Hospital tomorrow for his op. Ivr gone with an awful cold so cant get to see him.

Have been to allotment today and now cant move guess i did too much. Now that makes a change.

All my frittilarias are out and looking lovely. The world seems a better place when the sun shines.

23/04/2013 at 15:13
Maud is in the garden wrote (see)

Hello people, what a beautiful day it is. My dad goes into Brighton Hospital tomorrow for his op. Ivr gone with an awful cold so cant get to see him.

Have been to allotment today and now cant move guess i did too much. Now that makes a change.

All my frittilarias are out and looking lovely. The world seems a better place when the sun shines.

Maud-hope all goes well with your Dad.

And yes- the  world does seem so much better with a little sun to warm it through.

Take it easy the rest of the day.

23/04/2013 at 15:19

Sure is Maud. I went back outside about an hour ago, but energy totally gone.  Everything aching so have decided to rest for today.  I keep telling myself it is still April but, because of the awful weather we have had, I feel it is so much later and I need to do everything at once.

My brother used to run a pub in James Street.  Can't remember it's name now though. Too long ago.

Fairygirl, you keep at it.  I expect nothing from the DVLA. They deny receiving the 2 letters I have already sent them and, stupidly, because I wanted to get them in the post quickly, didn't send by recorded delivery.  That's the trouble with not having a PO just up the road any more.  Just done another one and this will go RD.  Don't expect my appeal to win but you have to try.

Must say I am very impressed with TFL.  Grandson received a penalty notice yesterday for not having enough money on his Oyster Card.  Filled in a form late last night, explaining what happened and pointing out that he had put £10 on the card that morning.  Opened up e-mail this morning and at 7.17, was sent an e-mail telling me exactly what had taken place, he hadn't swiped out properly at his destination and is owed £4.10!!  How's that for efficiency.  I was gobsmacked and that doesn't happen very often.  Just hoping that the awful Penalty Notice bods see reason. 

Off to sit in the garden.

23/04/2013 at 15:48
Just home from work, a quick hello to ALL,
Loz, welcome, I'm quite a novice at gardening and have found loads of info on here and from the nicest people!!!
Maud hope you soon lose the cold and all goes well with your Dad
Verdun, loved your post about the mankini lol
TT hope your DVLA problem gets sorted, they seem to conveniently never receive letters, we had a similar problem last year, sooooo frustrating!
Well the sun is still shining so I'm off out in the garden, see you later!!!!