London (change)
Today 17°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 9°C
11/05/2013 at 13:40

KEF- are you a 4yr old boy.......

11/05/2013 at 13:44

I'm being good today i now have 2 salad bowls left in the fridge the first one i chopped bacon and peppers and fried and added that quite nice for rabbit food

11/05/2013 at 13:52

Sounds good black. I had last night's left over lasagne for lunch....quite good.

Have you got the lousy rain too?

11/05/2013 at 13:56

Morning/afties,

Spent the morning at youngest daughter's school - annual open morning.  Back to spend the afternoon in the GH (very blustery and heavy showers here - but thats ok, water butts haven't fully refilled yet).

Matty - have fun tomorrow - we want a full list of EVERYTHING you bring home.  Everyone else - enjoy yourselves, whatever you are up to.

11/05/2013 at 13:58

Sue, I can't even use that excuse.  I just consider myself well covered.  I don't believe I have any ribs or hip bones as I've never seen or felt them.

11/05/2013 at 14:03

Hello!

Working in a garden centre has it's perks, i've been tidying and sorting out a range of flowers, veg, herbs and shrubs today in work,

and later will be sowing some more nasturtiums at home as the first batch are suffering in the wind!

11/05/2013 at 14:06

Chick we're all bored with the rotten weather. Hopes your butts are bountiful...

Hi Juniper  The wind's a pain isn't it? My sweet peas are looking ok in their new home-glad I secured them well though.

11/05/2013 at 14:36

windy mostly and rain on and off here.

11/05/2013 at 15:31

Thought the carrot problem was just mine,nothing showing after nearly 4 weeks ,so have put in a second row of seed today.Is it likely to be just the weather or is there some kind of carrotty superbug we don,t know about?

11/05/2013 at 16:18

So glad I'm not alone with the invisible carrots  

11/05/2013 at 16:34

Is the carrot problem nationwide? I am in the South West.

KEF
11/05/2013 at 16:52
Fairygirl wrote (see)

KEF- are you a 4yr old boy.......

Behave like one, but add 51yrs. Bountiful butts, mine will be if I keep sitting down typing on here.

11/05/2013 at 17:07

We don't have luck with carrots either, this is 3rd year that we have sown seeds without anythiget coming of it!

11/05/2013 at 17:14

THis is the first year I have had carrot problems,last year had the best crop ever with Early Nantes.

11/05/2013 at 17:27

I have just sowed some turnip - last year the bed was for roots. I couldn't work out what the seedling were coming up in it. Suddenly struck me it's the carrot seeds sown last year, they seem to have germinated. Should make an interesting brassica bed

This years haven't so, maybe, next year, they will 

11/05/2013 at 17:33

My carrots have just germinated, took ages.  No parsnips yet.

Sue I have big bones too, truly, size 7 foot for height of 5'3". But girth has expanded since the menopause.

11/05/2013 at 17:34

Will save you time if you like carrot and turnip mash!.

11/05/2013 at 17:59

I've got my baskets planted up for the front of the house but won't replace the viola ones for a while yet. It still hasn't rained here yet and I fear I will have to go out and water later on.

11/05/2013 at 18:02

I sowed carrots,beetroot,cabbage,turnip and planted some potatoes in my raised veg bed covered with net all are through the soil after 3 weeks and weather not been great so some sunny weather now they sould take off. Just in from the greenhouse done my other 2 hanging baskets and my sister in laws as well re potted my fuchsia bush into a bigger pot planted some petunia's .Earlier went to the library then to watch the boy at rugby he is good right enough he scored 3 tries in the first game i watched then i left wind & rain to cold for me to stand and watch more. Oh and visited the GC got a tray of 6 salvia red good size plugs in the bargain stall £2 happy with them 3 bag of compost. They where doing 6 large plug plants for £10 so i got 4 trailing fuchsia and 2 trailing geraniums and my good lady got a nice plant pot for the house and a packet of wire spring clips to hold the glass in the greenhouse just for spares good day enjoyed.

11/05/2013 at 18:28

Good afternoon everyone. I planted different types of carrots in 5 really big plastic pots; Wilko's 'large' carrots, Autumn King, Early Nantes and Chanteney red cored. I then placed some very thick polycarbonate on top for about 10/15 days. They germinated, Early Nantes being the slowest. They have caught up now and they are all about 2cm tall. I am not a scientific gardener at all, but I think some veg seeds need a bit of heat to get going.

Weird, wet and windy in the Fens today, so it has been a sewing not sowing day.