London (change)
Today 15°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 8°C
13/05/2013 at 09:28

Good morning all. Good luck to Chicky and Fairygirl's daughters.

It was brilliant blue sky when I got up and now it's several tones of grey.

Good luck with your gardn Pamela, sounds lovely. Sorry I can't help with the rhodie, I have limestone so can't grow them - except a little one in a pot.

13/05/2013 at 09:46

Morning all. A gray day here.

Welcome Pamela- it would be lovely to see some pics of your garden. You'll find that we love cake and seeing other peoples pics on here.

Good luck to anyone in exams this comming season.

13/05/2013 at 09:48

Hi Bev - will do! Sending you virtual cake - any preference?

13/05/2013 at 09:50

Any cake thank you Pamela

13/05/2013 at 09:56

Morning everyone.  Not a pleasant day here.  The worst thing is that awful wind. 

Hi Pamela.  You appear to know a lot about gardening already.

FG and Chicky, best of luck to your exam takers.  Just too much pressure these days, IMO.  Glad I've finished with all that.  Not me personally, of course. 

Gave up on the map thingy.  I couldn't even get signed in!!  Kept chucking me out.  Not the end of the world.

13/05/2013 at 09:58

Hi Tina - just bumbling along really! If you tell me where you are I'm happy to add you to the map 

13/05/2013 at 10:00

TT - the map did the same thing to me so Nut added me to the map - maybe someone will do the same for you 

13/05/2013 at 10:07

Age discrimination Dove.

Thanks Pamela.  I'm in Bexley, Kent.  I even found my road!!  At least you know the names of your plants, which is more than I do.  I have to keep referring to the labels I now keep so I sound as if I know what I'm talking about, not that I ever try to give gardening advice. I'm just here for the chat.  Any plants bought before I joined a garden forum, about 5 years ago, I haven't got a clue.  When folk talk about plants on here, I have to google them to know what they are talking about.  How sad is that.  Still love it out there though.

13/05/2013 at 10:17

None of us know it all TT - Google is a wonderful invention - I have been known to use it to check what I'm posting is right - I'd hate to look too much of a numpty too often and people's plants are precious. 

13/05/2013 at 10:22

Dove, I'm used to seeing my kids eyes roll in their head when I speak or do something they don't approve of.  I know that they text each other 'Guess what Mum did/said today'.  I can take it. Even the grandchildren do it now.

Google's just wonderful.

I've done that too, Dove. I wonder if Verdun does?

Hi TT do you want me to put you on the map?  Bexley?

13/05/2013 at 10:30

Thanks Nut but Pamela has already done it.  Thanks Pamela.  Now if I was a snob, I would ask for it to be moved a bit but am grateful for Pam's assistance so will stay where I am. 

Dove, I think we should all arrange to pop down to Cornwall.  I'm sure Verdun could put us all up.  Fancy a few days down there.

13/05/2013 at 10:36
TinaTurner wrote (see)

Age discrimination Dove.

Thanks Pamela.  I'm in Bexley, Kent.  I even found my road!!  At least you know the names of your plants, which is more than I do.  I have to keep referring to the labels I now keep so I sound as if I know what I'm talking about, not that I ever try to give gardening advice. I'm just here for the chat.  Any plants bought before I joined a garden forum, about 5 years ago, I haven't got a clue.  When folk talk about plants on here, I have to google them to know what they are talking about.  How sad is that.  Still love it out there though.

Google images is invaluable isn't it? I tried using labels but my dogs developed a taste for them  so I have taken photos and made a list to try and help my ailing memory along!

TT, I think someone else beat me to it with the map 

13/05/2013 at 10:40

Well, thanks for the thought Pam.  Really kind of you.

13/05/2013 at 10:50

TT what a wonderful idea- I'm sure Verdun would love to put us all up- we should make it a weekend this year then arrange for a week or two next year .

I do wish that I could do more IT things- the awful thing to admit is I taught computer studies about 30 years ago. Worse still I taught IT about 5 or 6 years back. Looked up what I was supposed to be doing then arrange for one of the geeky boys to teach the rest!!

13/05/2013 at 11:10

Bev, I learned to type on a black Imperial typewriter at school!!  Taught myself how to use a computer as that's what was in use when I returned to work many years later.  Even taught myself Desktop publishing as boss at the time decided it would be a good idea to have all the teaching modules done 'in-house'.  It's the techi side I get stumped on.  Just can't seem to understand it. If something goes wrong or doesn't work for me, panic sets in. 

I really must go and get dressed.  Had such a lot I was going to do today but so far just been on the 'Map' and chatting. 

13/05/2013 at 11:37

Morning

Talk of exams - when my daughter and friends finished thier GCSE's us parents had  a we survived exams party. Such a stressful time for all invoved

Keep having heavy rain showers here. Just dashed out and positioned new obelisk with OH shouthing through the window 'left a bit, straighten a bit, not right, move position a bit'  It is now in position in the jewell bed to give it some height., just need to find the clematis I want - I know should have bought it yesterday (don't ask)

Will attempt the map but tried yesterday without success.

Sorry - welcome Pamela, I just pop in occassionally. I usd to read the posts and say nothing then one day entered a post. hooked now. Loads of advice and some smiles along the way.

13/05/2013 at 11:49

Good morning Matty - for some reason Google wouldn't let me put myself on the map but Nutcutlet put me on - she's a kind soul  ask her and let her know where you are and I'm sure she'll put you on when she gets a moment from admiring her paeonies   Isn't it a brilliant idea? 

13/05/2013 at 11:50

Hi Matty2 - it's really addictive isn't it?!