London (change)
Today 11°C / 5°C
Tomorrow 8°C / 5°C
13/05/2013 at 16:34

Blackest how do you get time to get it all done? That is looking lovely.

In fact everyone seems to get so much done.

KEF
13/05/2013 at 16:36

Fairy like photo but blimey not your weather, keep that wand in your pocket. Verdun I'll make one. Will bring my own beer...not bothered about cake...bet that gets the ball rolling...

13/05/2013 at 16:41

Well, the sun's been shining here and I've spent the day in the garden  - OH mowed the back lawn, I did the edges, hoed the little weeds out of the veg patch and planted some violets, a white dicentra and a Granny's bonnet. I tied up some clematis stems and everything looks lovely - and I got two loads of washing dry too.

Now it's pouring with rain so we've popped 40 tomato plants back into the little greenhouse until they come back indoors at bedtime.  We've got the washing in and folded and now I'm sitting on the sofa with an unaccustomed mug of Earl Grey.

Shall I order a charabang for our holibobs? 

13/05/2013 at 16:43

In between showers Bev, Don't know what to put by that gate post something nice but ... I've tried to ensure that there is drainage and shelter. Needs much more planting. time to do a bit more i think. 

KEF
13/05/2013 at 16:46

Dove get the bus ordered, we'll need a double decker.

13/05/2013 at 16:55
Verdun wrote (see)

Just wanted to say what  a nice bunch of people on this forum. 

Thought exactly the same earlier Verdun.

So when is it OK for us all to turn up for our hols?

13/05/2013 at 16:59

We're awarding ourselves gold stars and extra rations.....

Sodding weather...It was 3 degrees when I came home today...and I don't mean the singers....

I'll need lots of potty stops if I have to get a bus from up here to Cornwall....

KEF
13/05/2013 at 17:39

Dun't worry Fairy, we'll stop for loo and a top up..

13/05/2013 at 17:40

We'll have to bring cake...Verdun will expect nothing less you know....

13/05/2013 at 17:50

Just looking at your pic blackest and what you're putting at gate. Would need to be something with a bit of oomph or it'll be overshadowed by the stone pillar.  Cherry tree or something (?)so you still see the gate but the height gives you balance for the planting on the opposite side. Do you get a view from the house?

What were you thinking or are you just contemplating it? 

13/05/2013 at 17:59

Mmmm, I was thinking more of something that would hug the base of the pillar, to really accentuate it - like a really good euphorbia 

13/05/2013 at 18:08

Blackest, no red edit button on my version of google map. Any suggestions?

13/05/2013 at 18:09

Have you logged on to google- I just put my hotmail details- then the edit box appeared

13/05/2013 at 18:12

I will try that Bev

13/05/2013 at 18:16

Just tried Bev's suggestion, and realised I would have to open some kind of account with google; give them my email address etc and on balance I think google knows quite enough about us all allready, without giving them any more info.

13/05/2013 at 22:05

I know its past the curfew, but just had to say thanks so much for all the exam good wishes this morning - the vibes must have worked, as this one reportedly went "ok" (that's teenage speak for pretty good).  Only another 16 to go !!

As a few folk mentioned earlier, there are some very nice people on this forum

13/05/2013 at 23:26

Have to agree too Chicky, there are some nice people on here, some very nice people! Think that's why Verdun is giving us a holiday 

13/05/2013 at 23:47

Yep, only £500  a night....brekkie extra, of course ...lol

14/05/2013 at 06:20

Morning all heavy rain and very windy here thinking of selling my car and buying a boat  the plants that need sun i will pack and send down to Verdun to babysit till we get better weather. Most of my plants are still tucked up in the greenhouses and will be for a few weeks yet well off to work now have a good day all. Verdun me and the family went to a log cabin for 6 years when kids where young in Carbis Bay Cornwall great times kids still talk about it yet St Ives is my fav place down there love it.

14/05/2013 at 06:40

Morning all - we're joining you with the rain today Andy (and all the rest of this week by the look of the forecast).  Only compensation is that yesterday we had a full rainbow - first time i have seen one of those for years.

Want it to perk up by next week as I have a trip to Chelsea planned ......