London (change)
Today 7°C / 2°C
Tomorrow 8°C / 7°C
161 to 180 of 6,191 messages
21/03/2013 at 10:08

Goodmorning everyone.  How great to see so many posts. I'm early this morning as I don't usually roll out of bed until 10! One of the pleasures of being retired, although I know it wouldn't suit everyone.

Today, apart from doing mundane things like washing (clothes), I will be sighing over the accounts which are now sorted ready to input onto spreadsheet.  This is a labour of love for son. 

Enjoy your day, whatever you are up to.

21/03/2013 at 12:16
Good morning Tina (posting from under my desk)
21/03/2013 at 12:28

Why are you under your desk Dove ?

Must dash as I have my little doggie job to do and it looks very much like snow on the way,  it was -4.1c at 2am brrrrrrrrrrr,  just went back to bed and pulled the quilt a bit further up under the chin 

21/03/2013 at 13:59

Hi all. Just back from work. Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome here. The mercurys reached the dizzy heights of 2.5 degrees here (almost bikini weather up here) - woo hoo! Even the birds are wearing coats. Still, much better than rain. Busy Lizzie, Perthshire is a really lovely part of Scotland- your brother's very fortunate. Good walking area -some fine munros. I miss my hillwalking terribly but a knee problem stopped me about 18 months ago. Getting better now and getting fit again so hopefully get back up there soon. Sowed some tomato seeds earlier today, which I haven't tried before as I usually buy a few plants, so I'll see what happens. Might try one of those pvc greenhouses? Where I was before I had a huge conservatory so didn't need one so if anyone has any thoughts on the subject I'd be very grateful!

21/03/2013 at 14:21

I am in love with my heated propagator I made it's getting fast results after 24 hours I found most of my lettuce and a good proportion of my tomato's have germinated the extra heat is working wonders. It's great to go to bed at night and see new seedlings pop up the next morning. it's keeping the soil at about 20 degrees C. My PVC greenhouse is quite good but it doesnt provide the heat needed to get seeds going quickly its becoming a case of propagator and then transfer to the greenhouse and hopefully plant out when the weather improves. So bored today not a lot to do I've even skipped taking the fleece off as its a low 8 degrees in the greenhouse.

21/03/2013 at 15:19

I've often used an ordinary propagator but not tried a heated one. Have some good south-ish facing windowsills here in my new house and one has radiator below it so will take advantage of that and get some lettuce and basil going! Sweet peas to sow too so might have to take over younger daughter's window as well! Know what you mean re the greenhouse with the weather the way it is so will probably give it a miss for now - once the freezing cold gives way we get a lot of wind here so it might end up heading further north unless I weigh it down!

21/03/2013 at 15:35

Cheers Brum. I'm off to  move the lilies my daughters gave me for M's Day. I used to love the smell of them but finding them a bit oppressive these days. Is that my age? Help! 

21/03/2013 at 15:55

Fairygirl, I love the look of lillies, but the smell makes me sick.  It's so heavy. Daughter buys them regularly, not for me, and I have to remove them to the furthest room and shut the door when I go there.  Nothing to do with age.

Hi Brumbull.

21/03/2013 at 16:04

Very fond of a lily ever since  I was given some when first daughter was born. The longiflorum ones are really my fave as scent is less heavy and  don't get so much slug probs with them. Very kind remarks Brum and Tina!  Off for my walk now!

21/03/2013 at 18:06

Haven't done what I was supposed to do Brumbull.  Spent too much time messing about doing nothing and getting nowhere. There's always tomorrow.  I won't be going for a walk!

21/03/2013 at 18:29

I'm still curious as to why Dove was posting from under her desk,  wonder if she's got out yet  

21/03/2013 at 18:40

Just lazy Brumbull.  No other excuse.  That's the trouble when you have all day to do things. So easy to say 'manana'.

Dove was at work Rain, so she was probably being naughty and skiving.

21/03/2013 at 20:38

Yup, s'posed to be working when I'm at work, so can only post on my phone when in the loo, or under my desk at a push  bit naughty really, but now that I know I'm retiring in November (did I mention that I'm retiring in November?) I'm sort of emotionally detatching from the job - losing focus a bit - ought to try a bit  harder really 

21/03/2013 at 20:46
Never thought of Dove as being "naughty" or of being a "skiver". ......gradually building up a picture of my fellow posters. Ha ha
21/03/2013 at 20:50

Perhaps Dove would love to win the lottery.

21/03/2013 at 22:16

Welcome to the land of retired folk Dove,  I did that on 30th September 2010 at the age of 61 and a half,  I'd worked from the age of 15 so thought I'd had enough especially after the 2 very  bad winter of 2008 and 2009 and having to get 2 buses every day to get to work,  getting up at 5.30 to be out for 6.30 to catch the first bus,  the best feeling of that year was waking up on that final morning reaching over to turn the alarm clock off and thinking to myself that's the last time ever I shall get up for work 

22/03/2013 at 06:03

Wet and a little less windy than yesterday here in Ireland, Cork city has some flooding (again).

The font for entering text is still very small by default but pressing ctrl and the '+' key together will enlarge the text size on the page ctrl- reduces it and ctrl 0 (zero) resets it back to normal. 

22/03/2013 at 06:23

good morning - yes we're all very small today again - and I just did a long post on here and lost it - but that was probably my fault - more coffee needed.  I see we've had some spammers again overnight - it may not be coincidence that last time the troll was sent packing (it was the same one) we were visited shortly afterwards by an invasion of Spam causing problems on the board - we've probably not seen the last of him, he's a PITA.

I'm not usually naughty Verdun - only occasionally - when justified 

22/03/2013 at 06:50

Good morning, this fonts still small...posted late last nightseemed smaller or was I just tiired...

today will have to be a domestic day (I wishpered that) due to inclement weather conditions...putting it mildly.

My GC visit was good yesterday even in that biting wind..checked on the recommended clematis plants and now a plan is forming...

speak later..hope they can sort out this font size soon.

22/03/2013 at 06:53

Good morning Cilmeri - think the font thing is part of a bigger problem - I'm sure the Tech Support Team will sort it out when they get to work - maybe we should make them some bacon baps and a mug of coffee or three?

161 to 180 of 6,191 messages