London (change)
Today 13°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 9°C
KEF
17/05/2013 at 08:59

Morning all.

Supermarket for me, such joy.

The B&Q 10% for over 60's do you have to apply in store for a card or what? Other half is 60..so that means fun Wednesdays for us.

17/05/2013 at 09:07

Get some stuff for me KEF- 15 fence posts, cement and sand - I'm not old enough for the 10% off- only feel like it when I get up in the mornings...

and I'm only 27...

Gilly- we won't have any prob spotting Verd...the cloak's a giveaway...

17/05/2013 at 09:07

KEF,just go into B & Q with proof of age and fill in form,they will give you a card immediately,there is also a fairly new scheme for over 60,s at B & Q seperate to the Weds card,whee they Issue you with a paper membership and you can use this other than Weds,it does,nt always give a discount but they E-Mail each week with special deals such as 20% off plants 30% of decking for 2-3 days during that week,You also go into a draw each time that paper membership voucher is used.

We saved 20% on paint a few weeks ago.

Hope this is useful.

17/05/2013 at 09:11

Morning all. Going to fetch a little pergola with a bench under it today. Never got OH anything much for his birthday back in Feb. but he'd like somewhere to sit in the garden that isn't a chair at the table on the terrace where we eat. I never have time to sit in the garden and if I did I'd be fretting about weeds etc!

http://csimg.webmarchand.com/srv/FR/29035247847/T/340x340/C/FFFFFF/url/pergola-arcade-avec-banc.jpg

It will be under a tree with dappled shade, old stone wall behind it on edge of lawn. What shall I grow up the sides? OH fancies clematis. There are so many and some like sun and some shade.

17/05/2013 at 10:14

That'll be lovely BL, but sometimes you should sit on it with a glass of something cool and white, and point out easy tasks to the Under Gardener 

Right, off to work now - have a good day everyone - see you later 

17/05/2013 at 11:28

That pergular seat is almost perfect for something I would like to do by my door it would be great to have my clemitis climbing something like that either side of the door

17/05/2013 at 11:29

I know it's late to say goodmorning, but I had one of my 'quiet' times this morning.  It's when I can't get my brain into gear, so do nothing.  Still toying with what to do. If I sit long enough, I will be ready for bed.

17/05/2013 at 11:59

Goodmorning all.

It isn't so sunny here but still warm.

I have someone coming to connect up my water feature this morning- afraid it meant I had to do a spot of hoovering ( sorry to be using bad words on here).

Going to my Mums later - my daughter is meeting me there so looking forward to that. Will stay a night or two. Mum is in Gosport in Hampshire.It will no doubt involve a visit to a GC

17/05/2013 at 12:15

Bet Queenie won't have the joy of sitting in the car eating a Phipps pasty, safe away from the St Ives trained Seagulls. ( or have they relocated them for the day).

Hope the weathers good down there. In Nottingham it looks like its going to pelt it down with rain. It's gone awfully dark.

The man in the handy shop looked at me with 4 bundles of 8ft canes and said "are you sure you want 8ft canes"  Yes I'm hoping the runners wil run up them this year instead of sulking until September like they did last year. The tomatoes will want new 6ft canes next week. Can't use the old ones because we had blight on the Toms as well as the taters last year.

17/05/2013 at 12:43

I have metal canes for the tomatoes and when they had blight I wiped them down with surgical spirit and they didn't get blight the next year. I think blight is partly a weather thing. I also wipe secateurs with surgical spirit.

17/05/2013 at 13:27

Well, you can tell I'm not right in the head today because I have been a domestic godess and haven't finished yet.  It can be a dangerous job you know.  Sent the TV flying, sucked up some wires and a sock, (didn't see it under the bed).  Do you think it's time to take down Mother's Day cards?

Enjoy your break Bev.

17/05/2013 at 13:36

G'day

Busy morning - usual weekly swim - well lesson about how to swim and keep fit, then we went and collected our caravan out of storage. It is totally empty because last year ot was so wet we did not want to risk mildew etc,. That means it need a thorigh inside clean and water whatnot needs sterilsing befor we go away. Away on wednesday so it had better warm up. Going to the Peak District.

Garden also needs doing, feel I really need to get plats into their places brfore I leave. Less watering for Son2 to do

KEF
17/05/2013 at 17:46
GillyL wrote (see)

KEF,just go into B & Q with proof of age and fill in form,they will give you a card immediately,there is also a fairly new scheme for over 60,s at B & Q seperate to the Weds card,whee they Issue you with a paper membership and you can use this other than Weds,it does,nt always give a discount but they E-Mail each week with special deals such as 20% off plants 30% of decking for 2-3 days during that week,You also go into a draw each time that paper membership voucher is used.

Hope this is useful.

GillyL wrote (see)

Hope this is useful.

Thanks Gilly we now have acr

KEF
17/05/2013 at 17:51

Soz everyone messed that up.

Thanks Gilly hubby now proud owner of a card..not to happy that they didn't query his proof of age..I just looked other way.

17/05/2013 at 18:09

Good piece of info that about B&Q -e-mail membership, Am already a card carrier, so will enquire next time i go in.

18/05/2013 at 06:39

Good morning all   Damp and drear here in Norfolk today, but temps only went down to 9C overnight (and they're still there), so that's a bit of an improvement. 

I imagine Andy is up and scurrying around - Good luck at The Show!!!

Lots to do today, getting ready for our hols  (did I mention we're going on holiday ) quick visit ot M&S for vital underpinnings and socks and maybe a top or three , and I'll get the car cleaned and valeted in the car park while I'm there - and I might call in at Carluccio's for some very good coffee and a delicious brunch - better not have any brekkie before I go 

18/05/2013 at 07:09

Hi Dove, where are you going on holiday? Hopefully somewhere nice and warm to make up for the dreadful weather that's been going on lately.

KEF
18/05/2013 at 07:16

Morning all. Damp and 8 degrees here.

Happy hols Dove.

No gardening today having company this evening so indoor jobs to be done

Must get toms in final buckets tomorrow and have a poke in runners to see what's happening, still no show even though indoors.

Have a good weekend everyone.

18/05/2013 at 07:20

We're heading down to Cornwall at the end of next week - Verdun promises that temperatures will be virtually tropical compared with what we have here 

18/05/2013 at 07:24

Morning everyone,

KEF glad you got your card ok.

Weather a bit dull at the moment,hopefully will pick up later.Hoping to get runner bean canes in today in anticipation of planting soon.