Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

music-on-the-gw-programme

MimMim Posts: 18

Am I the only person who finds the background music intrusive? I used to look forward to  the peace and tranquility of a garden being included in the programme but last night my nerves were jangling throughout.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

one of the reasons I don't watch TV is background music. The other is canned laughter

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • i must say i am finding it annoying also.. they dont need it.. rather listen to the wildlife than the music myself..

• Not too much canned laughter  on GW Nut image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

I've never noticed any background music on GW - obviously doesn't annoy me image

I do find it annoying on some other programmes, so it's not my hearing that's at fault either. 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• I'm glad we weren't the only ones to notice this in last night's episode (23rd August). In previous propgrammes the music has been much more peaceful, but suddenly it has become very inapprpriate and intrusive

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

I watched last night - I really didn't notice any music until the end when there was a few seconds of Nigel. image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• GillyLGillyL Posts: 1,077

Have,nt noticed annoying background music on GW,unlike those drums that announce the news programmes on BBC1image

• Don't get me started!!

Why does a gardening programme (or many other programmes for that matter) need music at all?  Some months ago Beechgrove came from a gardening show & the "background" music was anything but.  I e-mail the co. that makes Beechgrove, as at one point you could barely hear the presenter, also the music was discordant & it really jarred.  I still await a reply.image

What's wrong with foliage rustling in the wind or bees on a flower - lovely & tranquil.image

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

I watched it last night which is unusual for me as I normally record it and watch later. Have to agree with Dove and Gilly-didn't really notice it, and I find a lot of programmes irritating because of background 'stuff'.

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • MrsGardenMrsGarden Posts: 3,951

Just watched, didn't notice background music.