Start a new thread

1 to 12 of 12 replies

sara haywood

So happy! I have loads of buds still to come.

MrsGarden

Well worth the wait aren't they sara? Your leaves look so much healthier than mine.

sara haywood

I am so happy! First flowering, so thanks to this forum I must have done something right! 

fidgetbones

Dont forget that when you cut it down for the winter, the offcuts will root in a glass of water in the windowsill, giving you fresh plants for next year. They take a couple of months to root, I pot them up in Spring.

I use thick shoots, about a foot (30cm) long.

Advertisement

sara haywood

thanks Fidgetbones, I need to look up about cutting back as I have no idea! Mrs Garden my friends has sad leaves, the only difference between us is that I fed my tomato feed, not sure if this made a difference.

fidgetbones

Mine are being eaten by something very small, maybe red spider mite. It doesn't seem to stop them flowering though.

Last years cuttings are 3 ft tall and have buds on.  I cut down like you would a buddleja, when I take it into the greenhouse for the winter, otherwide they take up too much room. Cuttings go in a coffee jar of water on the kitchen windowsill.

second year they will branch more. Third year I put them in the ground and let the frost have them. I have had them flowering outside on bonfire night.

sara haywood

Oh wow! I seriously thought the cold would kill it off! I don't have a green house but have a big bay window in my kitchen and it spent last winter there, I shall do the same this winter.

sara haywood

Another couple of quick questions if anyone can help me, the colour seems to be changing daily, is this normal? And is this considered a double?

MrsGarden
Oh, mine aren't like four 'double' but they do change colour. They have a bit more pink than yours. Also open and close, not sure if its to do with the light or the temperature.
sara haywood

Having seen my fully open for the first time they have 3 layers, the two you can see plus a centre stem. I was not prepared for the most amazing scent! My garden was heady last night!