Start a new thread

1 to 3 of 3 replies

Hi, I am new to this and was reading about various fertilisers to use on a rose bush on here and someone mentioned Nettle juice, then I lost the thread and can't find it.

Please can someone explain to me how I make Nettle Juice?? I have loads at my allotment and would love to turn them into something rather than cursing them!

chop up nettle stem and leaves. Do not use flowering bit or root.

Put in a bucket and cover with water. Preferably add a lid as it will stink. Leave until stems and leaves have rotted ( 4 to 6 weeks) Strain out all solids and deposit on compost heap. Dilute the liquid until it is a weak tea colour. - about half a pint in a 2 gallon watering can. It is best to promote leaves, eg in brassicas . For roses you really want high potash so I would use comfrey tea or tomorite, or rose fertiliser.

Janey 82 hi, go to then see guides and stuff, its got nettles and comfrey, if you do the dry one ( the black one) make sure you dilute to a weak tea. or it will burn the plants as the dry way makes a very strong thick feed much stronger than the 2 gallon bucket one,