Start a new thread

21 to 35 of 35 replies

The potty gardener

Any gardening on tv is good. It's not just two weeks GW is off either is it- It is off for ages.

I agree that although a make over show they do describe what they are doing and give names of plants better than most

. I liked the first series where Mr T went and looked round different gardens.

"Hi all like all garden  programme,s but wish they wouldn't take garden's world off could they not put G/W on the red button"!

fidgetbones

Why don't they just have a wimbledon channel? They managed it for the olympics. and can they put the football and snooker on it as well.

Fairygirl

KEF- Well we couldn't have him just sitting around on the school hols eating cake and stuff....Mrs Andy would get annoyed 

Thanks Verdun for the reminder for tomorrows programme " Love your Garden" - I shall miss GW not being on - with my notebook in hand - 1/2 hour is not enough - should be an hour.

Advertisement

MrsGarden

Fidgetbones - was that a deliberate mistake, surely you meant a gardening channel - bliss. Anyway it seems there is a Wimbledon channel, at least it feels that way in our house! 'Record' button set for later today, I never manage to watch tv in real time anymore.

The programme tonight is on for an hour.  Have set recorder in case I miss it.  Should be good I think

KEF

Did anyone catch the name of the Choiysa that flowers twice a year?

nutcutlet

Mine flower twice a year KEF, there are some most of the year on the.basic Choisya ternata. Aztec Pearl not so often but it's not in such a good place

KEF

Only got Sundance like one, smaller version and don't know name, suited for pots it said. It's flowering now, but never seen flowers later, maybe didn't look.

KEF. I did till you asked now forgot.  However, it's recorded and if nobody else names it I will later.

It was sentimental, emotional, and .....lovely. It may not be a pure garden show as such but it was a joy to watch

KEF

I enjoyed it Verdun, but I'm a sucker for sad things. Knowing someone who had same disease I was so happy that at the end there wasn't a post saying the poor chap had passed away. Hubby now wants a tree house with electricity...beer fridge me thinks

Fairygirl

Dove- did you enjoy the Hidcote prog? I've sky'd it even though I've seen it at least twice! It's the architectural structure of these gardens I admire.

I love Lutyens' work too.

Dovefromabove

FG I really did enjoy it - I can remember hearing a radio programme about Johnston years and years ago, probably 25 years ago, and bought a Lawrence Johnston climbing rose to grow over my studio in tribute to him 

And Lutyens - what amazing work