Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

New ipad

LynLyn Posts: 23,190
I have got a new iPad, but haven't got the tool bar. Had it all on the old one. Anyone got any ideas please.
Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190
    I can't see anything about show bookmarks bar Jo

I have all those turned to on. Think I may install Chrome on it.

Thank you both for trying to help. X

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 8,352
    Hi Lyn

Are you referring to the GW forum toolbar with the smilies and quotes etc icons? I don't get it on my iPad either when using Safari as my web browser (seemed to disappear after one of the OS updates).

I installed Chrome but I don't like it as much for general browsing (seems slower & a bit clunky) but it does give me the toolbar. I use Safari most of the time and 'make' smilies with punctuation marks for the forum. When I want to do quotes or post a link / picture I either use my desktop computer or switch to Chrome on the iPad. 

It's a bit of a pain and, bearing in mind how many people use Safari these days, I'm suprised it's still an issue. But better a forum & no toolbar than no forum at all  image
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
    Thank you folks, it seem Chrome is the thing then.

Yes Topbird, the gw toolbar is what I mean, I have search through everything in the settings.

It's strange that I have an iPad from years ago, the very first one and I get the tool bar on that one. Trouble with that is that they didn't have a camera then, and the downloaded pics couldn't be put on here either.

I had to put Chrome on the Samsung tablet so will try that on here.

That's it, installed Chrome, toolbar is there.

thank you to everyone for your help. x