London (change)
Today 17°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 8°C
21 to 40 of 74 messages
29/12/2012 at 18:56
Citygardener...have you been on the seed swap thread? If you have spare seeds and your looking for something...put what you have up and ask. Someone will have something of interest. I have spent the day in the greenhouse sowing some i got with swapping and a few more. Veg and flowers. Cauli, foxglove, verbena, mugwort,lemon balm, sweetpeas and passionflower
29/12/2012 at 22:57
Hello there! I'm new to all this! I love gardening, can't wait for spring so I can get planting, look forward to hearing from you and your garden tips
29/12/2012 at 23:09

Welcome Tracysshed

There are some wonderful people on here that are very helpful and very nice to chat too. People look out for you here I have discovered too which makes life easier

Im loving this site. Only been on it 6 weeks or so myself and have swapped seeds, gained advice on plants and had a good laugh. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

29/12/2012 at 23:26
Thank you for writing back so quickly it's taking me all night to work this all out ha ha.im sure I will enjoy having a chat with people with the same interest as me . Hopefully hear from you soon thanks again .
29/12/2012 at 23:30

Im usually kicking about if there is compost and plants or seeds involved lol. If you need any help navigating round or anything at all...just email me and I will see what I can do to help

29/12/2012 at 23:30

Loads of folk on many threads here that will help you, give advice if asked and have a laugh with you when you need it. Takes a while to get around all the theads though

Bjay

30/12/2012 at 09:21

Sam, only just managed to find your message re seed swapping etc. Shall have to look into it 

All the best for 2013.

Sasha

30/12/2012 at 10:17

Tracysshed; what a brill. name! Welcome and Happy New Year.

30/12/2012 at 11:00
Thank you artjak. And a happy new year to you . Yes I think the name is ok there are so many nice names on here I was getting a bit stuck with ideas.
30/12/2012 at 20:38

Welcome Tracysshed this is a great forum theres always something to make you smile or help you out with a gardening issue you may have. I cannot wait to start sowing next february ,so for now im keeping busy making cushion covers for my old patio chair cushions dreaming of the sun its been so long since we have seen it in rainy soggy Devon!  HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

30/12/2012 at 20:50

Thank you lilysilly and the same to you 

30/12/2012 at 22:03

Right back at ya lilysilly. Have a great one folks. Stay safe, have fun and lets all hope for a wonderful sunny year ahead zdfhj.l['#

30/12/2012 at 22:03
happymarion wrote (see)

My New Year's Resolution is the same as the last twenty have been - just to enjoy it all.  No need to worry about space for the children to play or prickly plants or even whether they are poisonous.  I can experiment to my heart's content.

I second that!  Don't even have to worry anymore about the grandchildren or their dog falling in my pond.  All managed it, as have I, so once bitten twice shy.

30/12/2012 at 22:04

Sorry about the last wee splaff there. My wee cat decided to walk over the laptop just as I hit the reply buttom 

30/12/2012 at 22:05

Rambling Rose 

30/12/2012 at 22:19

My first time ever on a forum!  Its my second year of having a little veggie patch in the garden and having a greenhouse...never thought id have either so soon.  My resolution is to enjoy having them (sounds daft but i was abit scared last year) - I cant wait to get planting! I might also stop hollering at my boys when the football gets kicked anywhere near my lovely greenhouse......then again, may be not!!  Happy New Year to you all.

30/12/2012 at 23:06

Oooh I wish I could stick to just one resolution of not buying a plant until I know of a place for it...but I just know I wont...cos I just lurrrrrve a bargain too much and too many irresisitible goodies out there 

30/12/2012 at 23:14

I know what you mean mysterywoman. Im not buying plants just now, my latest craze is stone gargoyles, fairies and dragons for the garden. Think i would be cheaper with plants lol

31/12/2012 at 02:21
nutcutlet wrote (see)

Don't sow too thickly would be a good resolution for me. Plus don't prick out and grow on every seedling that germinates or I'll never keep up with the potting on, watering and planting out even if there was a space for it all.

Heheh - that's mine too!  Also not sowing too early, which I find difficult to resist!

31/12/2012 at 11:27

Franiom, welcome to the forum; I have only been using it for a few months and have found all the people really helpful and friendly, I, too had never been on a forum before, so was a bit hesitant at first. Happy New Year with just the right amount of rain!

21 to 40 of 74 messages