Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

next season

I have to say I have found a few bargains of late and the latest is 50 daffs (mixed) for 99p.Well you might think that is a little early but you can either keep them or plant them for next year. So madly I have bought another 4  bags so I hope I have enough space. I also thought Verne complete compost for seeds e.t.c. good value and good quality at £3 for 50 litres, I buy this as I run out and never enough compost from home made . Anyway that made my weekend in the rain better!image

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

Good on you flowering rose. It's great to get a bargain. Pays to be canny!

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

I love bargains image Most of my borders have been filled with bargains image

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117

Rose where did you buy all these bulbs?

• lisa masseylisa massey Posts: 252

My Lidl dutch iris are coming up, £1.19 for 25, very pleased. And my £1 bag of 'hair' alliums are up too. All my bargains make me feel better about spending a silly amount of money on accidental purchases.

• chickychicky Posts: 10,409

Verdun - i have a few daffs that are in the wrong place.  Can i dig them up in a few weeks time and grow them in pots til next year then ???

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

Chicky, if  you can leave then in situ until they die down ( June ish ) all the better but you can lift them and put them into a pot , or a  bt of garden you're not using, and let them go to sleep.

Devon.
  • flowering roseflowering rose Posts: 1,632

flumpy1 I got them at B+Q.

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

I got lidl bulbs at 5 bags for £5. Its a good job thats all they cost. I planted half of irises, only to watch the squirrels digging them up and carrying them away. The rest are going in pots in the polytunnel.

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

I got those too FB and planted my Gladioli last week, 4 bags of them and 1 bag of Iris image