Start a new thread
flowering rose

I have to say I have found a few bargains of late and the latest is 50 daffs (mixed) for 99p.Well you might think that is a little early but you can either keep them or plant them for next year. So madly I have bought another 4  bags so I hope I have enough space. I also thought Verne complete compost for seeds e.t.c. good value and good quality at £3 for 50 litres, I buy this as I run out and never enough compost from home made . Anyway that made my weekend in the rain better!

Makes sense Rose.

I always divide a few daffs after flowering and pot them up.  They they go out in the spring where spaces are and I have a whole lot more .

Tootles

Good on you flowering rose. It's great to get a bargain. Pays to be canny!

Orchid Lady

I love bargains  Most of my borders have been filled with bargains 

flumpy1

Rose where did you buy all these bulbs?

Advertisement

My Lidl dutch iris are coming up, £1.19 for 25, very pleased. And my £1 bag of 'hair' alliums are up too. All my bargains make me feel better about spending a silly amount of money on accidental purchases.

chicky

Verdun - i have a few daffs that are in the wrong place.  Can i dig them up in a few weeks time and grow them in pots til next year then ???

Hostafan1

Chicky, if  you can leave then in situ until they die down ( June ish ) all the better but you can lift them and put them into a pot , or a  bt of garden you're not using, and let them go to sleep.

fidgetbones

I got lidl bulbs at 5 bags for £5. Its a good job thats all they cost. I planted half of irises, only to watch the squirrels digging them up and carrying them away. The rest are going in pots in the polytunnel.

Orchid Lady

I got those too FB and planted my Gladioli last week, 4 bags of them and 1 bag of Iris 

fidgetbones

I got 2 bags of glad, 1 of iris, 1 of anemone de caen, 1 of sparaxis. I've also got a bag of 50  Glad murielae that I'm going to dot through the grasses.

The big glads are going in the veg patch for cutting for vases in the house.

Orchid Lady

My veg patch isn't big enough so,just have sweet peas around the edge, my Glads are at the back of my side border. They were my grandad's favourite flower 

Had 2 bags of glads and a bag of lillies free with orders. Only have a pocket handkerchief garden so gave them away.  Receipients were pleased with them though!

Orchid Lady

Mike  You are funny.  It's a new genus, created by me in my new GH