Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

No balls!!!

Hello all,i was reading just this week about an amateur cricket team in central brittany in France and thought i would share this selfish story with liked minded people as myself who thinks more about the birds and the bee's,the flower's and the tree's.

Apparently their cricket field is surrounded by brilliant wildlife shrubs like Gorse and bramble and no doubt other beneficial flora and fauna. The problem is they keep losing their BALLS in it!! So,one day,in their infinate wisdom, decided to get a cricket loving army of volunteer's together and RIP THE LOT OUT!!! I ask you,as if the problem with nature losing yet more habitat isn't bad enough,along comes a lorry load of overweight AMATEUR willow hitting leather moron's and destroy more!! I think you all will agree that it's not their ball's they are losing,it's their bloody marble's!! image

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190
    Oooo..... anothe flamebaiter.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• joslowjoslow Posts: 218

I agreeimage

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Posts: 11,384

Frenchmen playing cricket?  Mon Dieu!

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • Have they never heard of netting!

• flowering roseflowering rose Posts: 1,632

That's human beings for you,we permanently destroying our plant then try to put it right!We cant just have what we want and like,and people like that are short -sighted but its much the same for those pave over  the gardens the main reason hedgehogs are going on the endangered list.

• I might have upset a few sensitive people out there but i'm not the kind of person to hide behind the curtain's,looks like i'm just what you call 'a dying breed'!!  Thanks for your efforts anyway.

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190
    Not a dying breed, plenty turn up on the site.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Mmmmmmm.Glad to hear it Lyn!!!

• nodlisabnodlisab Posts: 414

As the title suggests they should be castratedimage

• jatnikapyarjatnikapyar Posts: 419

Sadly there is more of them then there is us(does not sound like good grammar...but hey  ho image)

We have a badger and baby visiting our area( probably driven out of the North Downs nearby......or they have heard of the cull(sorry, bad jokeimage.) But it's the reaction of some of my neighbours that astounds me. The nasty animals have dug under the concrete that is holding their 6' high fences ....oh dear, and defaced their decking. They have created havoc in my controlled jungle that is enjoyed by the birds, foxcubs and the plants that I lovingly enjoy nurturing!

I apologise for grinning....BUT they are part of life, why fight it? I suggested to the neighbours that if they left the "holes" it will prevent more damage. But they are up in arms and have involved the "Environment Agency" ........to have the vermin eradicated. Ho Hum.image