London (change)
Today 25°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 24°C / 16°C
13 messages
05/04/2013 at 19:04

Hello all,i was reading just this week about an amateur cricket team in central brittany in France and thought i would share this selfish story with liked minded people as myself who thinks more about the birds and the bee's,the flower's and the tree's.

Apparently their cricket field is surrounded by brilliant wildlife shrubs like Gorse and bramble and no doubt other beneficial flora and fauna. The problem is they keep losing their BALLS in it!! So,one day,in their infinate wisdom, decided to get a cricket loving army of volunteer's together and RIP THE LOT OUT!!! I ask you,as if the problem with nature losing yet more habitat isn't bad enough,along comes a lorry load of overweight AMATEUR willow hitting leather moron's and destroy more!! I think you all will agree that it's not their ball's they are losing,it's their bloody marble's!! 

Lyn
05/04/2013 at 19:09
Oooo..... anothe flamebaiter.
05/04/2013 at 19:29

I agree

05/04/2013 at 19:35

Frenchmen playing cricket?  Mon Dieu!

05/04/2013 at 20:37

Have they never heard of netting!

05/04/2013 at 21:02

That's human beings for you,we permanently destroying our plant then try to put it right!We cant just have what we want and like,and people like that are short -sighted but its much the same for those pave over  the gardens the main reason hedgehogs are going on the endangered list.

07/04/2013 at 15:03

I might have upset a few sensitive people out there but i'm not the kind of person to hide behind the curtain's,looks like i'm just what you call 'a dying breed'!!  Thanks for your efforts anyway.

Lyn
07/04/2013 at 15:29
Not a dying breed, plenty turn up on the site.
13/06/2013 at 08:19

Mmmmmmm.Glad to hear it Lyn!!!

13/06/2013 at 09:23

As the title suggests they should be castrated

13/06/2013 at 10:14

Sadly there is more of them then there is us(does not sound like good grammar...but hey  ho )

We have a badger and baby visiting our area( probably driven out of the North Downs nearby......or they have heard of the cull(sorry, bad joke.) But it's the reaction of some of my neighbours that astounds me. The nasty animals have dug under the concrete that is holding their 6' high fences ....oh dear, and defaced their decking. They have created havoc in my controlled jungle that is enjoyed by the birds, foxcubs and the plants that I lovingly enjoy nurturing!

I apologise for grinning....BUT they are part of life, why fight it? I suggested to the neighbours that if they left the "holes" it will prevent more damage. But they are up in arms and have involved the "Environment Agency" ........to have the vermin eradicated. Ho Hum.

13/06/2013 at 12:04
But then again maybe the frenchies are doing ok by useing the area as an open grass area better than building on it aintit mi duck, sides they cant play cricket to save there lives blessem,
14/06/2013 at 08:11

Just want to make it clear that it was Englishmen playing not the French!! Sorry,should have mentioned it earlier.

email image
13 messages