Tomorrow 12°C / 6°C
201 to 220 of 295 messages
07/04/2013 at 19:25
Let's get back to gsrdening matters....that's what we're good at
07/04/2013 at 19:40

Well, Im not bad at it lol  

Good to see you are ok Verdun.

07/04/2013 at 19:53

I love this thread. I live on my own and you cannot imagine how important it is to make new friends and chat. I don't have children but I am a great uncle... They can call me "Gruncle" if they like and I hope I can impart a blend of mischief and wisdom. Gardening is my main pastime and I relive the good times with my late wife. She still stands at my shoulder helping me decide what to do next. She's still here holding hands, until I go too.

07/04/2013 at 19:57

Aww wonderboy, Im sorry for your loss and am glad you still feel her around you 

Gruncle is a fine title 

Its uncles and aunties that keep secrets with their nieces and nephews...or so Im told by mine 

07/04/2013 at 20:00

MMP I agree about going out with friends and degenerating into.........

07/04/2013 at 20:00
Hey wood green, you sound really nice guy. I identify in some respects with you.....re no children but great uncle and a passion for gsrdening.
I started a thread recently for just this reason...to get to know something of the,people who post here. I have come to like an awful lot of them
I don't like the squabbles lately but the forum is good.
Love that bit about your late wife standing at your shoulder....that's wonderful
07/04/2013 at 20:04

Someone said something earlier about there being a lot of good on here - I wish we had a ((hug)) smiley 

07/04/2013 at 20:11

I too have met some lovely people on here. Some that I feel are becoming quite friendly with me. Its nice to see that a common element such as earth can fetch so many people from different walks of life together. Always look to the positive.

07/04/2013 at 20:12
Cyber hug coming your way Dove.
07/04/2013 at 20:15

WW- it's nice to hear you speak openly. A lot of people have done that here and it's good to feel you can do so without being criticised. You obviously had a lovely, treasured marriage.

This is when the internet can be good. 

07/04/2013 at 20:22

Thank you everyone for your kind responses. I knew i wasn't taking any risks in sharing stuff with you and I was right. It's too easy to bottle it up and it helps a lot to share thoughts.

My wife and I created the garden from scratch together and it has an importance to me that nothing else can match. I try to have flowers from the garden on her grave every day of the year. So far I have just about managed this. I have daffodils for cutting in the vegetable garden at the moment, and I will plant my runner beans over them a bit later as they die down. Practical as always, and a bit soft- centered too...

07/04/2013 at 20:30

There is nothing wrong with that Wonderboy. I think its lovely. Your wife must be very very missed and not just by you my friend. Its lovely to have you in the forum as i am sure the rest will agree.

07/04/2013 at 20:38
Wood green. Sam has said it all.
You don't take any risks by sharing stuff on the forum ESP when you are so sincere,
Used to be a Samaritan for a while and so many problems were caused by people bottling up their emotions.
Wots dove like about her "hugs"...she's right tho of course
07/04/2013 at 20:38
I'm ver partial to a soft centre Woodgreen!
07/04/2013 at 20:41

As long as its not coffee  Pennine lol 

I dont like them lol 

07/04/2013 at 21:00
Ooh, me too, don't drink the stuff either. My visitors today left me a box of M&S Swiss choices, yummy, lots of soft centres, but always a coffee.
07/04/2013 at 21:04

Coffee's good. I don't like that pink stuff that's supposed to be strawberry. Or those caramel take your filling out centres

07/04/2013 at 21:06
Sam Glendinning wrote (see)

As long as its not coffee  Pennine lol 

I dont like them lol 

Me also-used to leave those for the girls when they were little. They soon cottoned on though!

WW-how lucky your wife was to have someone as special as you obviously are 

07/04/2013 at 21:06

Oh Im a fudge girl. Love them. Its always a fight to get to them before my OH

07/04/2013 at 21:38

Group Hug.

Not keen on soft centred chocolates, soft centred people I do love

WW - What a wonderful source of consolation your garden must be, no wonder you feel close to your wife when you're out there.  When we lost my FIL, the vicar said it's like they're in another room, just one we can't enter - yet.  Do believe that someone comes to collect you when it's your time to go.

Sam - where did you get that wonderful fairy on your avatar?  Would love one of those, to go with my little gargoyle I move round the garden.  Get yourself a sugar thermometer, and have a go at making fudge - if you've not a recipe, I can PM you a pretty foolproof recipe for chocolate fudge (must be foolproof - I can do it).  Strangely enough, whenever I make it, it's a scramble to eat some before my Husband gets home from work, when it comes to fudge, I swear he's got a flip-top head

201 to 220 of 295 messages