Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

No private club

VerdunVerdun Posts: 23,348
Some comments lately by pm to me and on the forum suggest there is a private, invitation only club on this forum on one of the threads This is an open, public forum, everyone welcome and no cliques. GW forum is for anyone and everyone to post whatever they wish as long as the content is not offensive, defamatory or illegal. Over past couple of days I have noticed comments being made that are meant to spoil, disrupt and ridicule. If we have a breakaway club we will simply split the camaraderie and goodwill and friendship the forum has produced. Especially over recent weeks the forum has become "fun" as well as "educational"

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

Well said! image

What people wish to do elsewhere is their own business but should not be brought here - this is an open Forum run and owned by the Gardeners World magazine, not by any group or individual, no matter how long they've been posting here.  Everyone should feel welcome in all areas of the Board and should not be challenged as to their entitlement to post.

Gardens, gardeners and gardening should be what it's all about.image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Hear, hear! This is a manipulative and selfish misuse of the forum and those invited to join would be wise not to respond. To do so is to contribute to division and exclusiveness.

• Andy19Andy19 Posts: 671

Since am new to gardening joining this forum has been great more so for getting advice from experienced gardeners and having a bit of a laugh at some posts long may it continue for years to come thanks everyone.

• That's nice, Andy. image

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Morning all. Enjoy the forum, ignore the crap. Works well for me

A

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117
    Verdun wrote (see)
    Best if we don't make this into a long thread.
    Simply think everyone should be aware

Agreed Verdun. Nut is right too, Sadly it's the way some people are these days. I feel sorry for them.

Like Andy,I've been made very welcome here.

Thanks everyone image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • chickychicky Posts: 10,409

imageimage