Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Odd corrections?

BookertooBookertoo Posts: 1,306

Is it just me, my computer (commuter is what it gave me) or has anyone else noticed the very odd corrections you get when typing something for this site?  I for example, wrote the word 'space', and it came out 'spas'. (Took me twice to persuade it I did want to say 'space')    Now I'll not say I never type incorrectly, of course I do - but some of these are just plain weird - and it doesn't happen in emails and so on? 

Let me know if I'm just getting weirder, quite possible, or whether the auto correct is having an off time?

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

That would drive me mad. Can't you turn it off and just type?

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Turn off the predictive spelling, no probs.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• BookertooBookertoo Posts: 1,306

I have no predictive text in use , nor auto correct, (tho' I did mention t, but it is off)  and so far, it is only this site that does it!!

• It's a setting on your computer but it's difficult to tell you where to turn it off without any clues as to what device you are using with which browser.

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Odd, it's never done that to me

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,064

Nor me.  It happily lets me mis-type words and I don't always notice in time to Edit them afterwards.

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato
  • LynLyn Posts: 23,190

I had all sorts of major problems with this site, I loaded Chrome and have no problems at all now. I could never get PM's, fime with Chrome though.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Could be that you accidentally changed the keyboard settings. Try to google how you can get there. I believe this is dependent on the operating system. 

• It depends on OS version, browser make and version and even whether you happen to have a word processor installed in some cases.  Because of that I'll only give a fix for Windows 8: Settings, PC settings, PC and Devices, Typing.  Turn off 'Autocorrect mispelt words'

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • My iPad is always coming up with odd "corrections" image