Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Oh dear oh dear,,oh dear......

VerdunVerdun Posts: 23,348

Just announced that a royal baby has been born.   image

now all the important news will be shelved for non stop commentary of this trivial  event.  

i realise 

I will be shot for this..........image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

At least it's something to lighten the tedium of endless speculation around all the possible permutations of hung parliaments image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• YviestevieYviestevie Posts: 7,066

You'll not be shot by me Verdun.  So many babies today will be born without the priviledged upbringing.  I wish the parents and baby well but no more than any other child born today.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

And another item of important news - it looks as if my waterbuts and the pond will be filled up before this time tomorrow image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• AWBAWB Posts: 421

I wouldn't wish a royal baby on anyone, no chance of a normal upbringing, endless obligations when they get older, always subject to press intrusion and criticism.

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117
    Makes a change from politics!
  • Lily PillyLily Pilly Posts: 3,845

Always nice to hear of a new life and will lighten election week!

Verdun I will not repeat what my OH has said but I think you two would get on wellimage

Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
    A A Milne
  • darren636darren636 Posts: 666
    Then why talk about it?
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 8,352

My OH always said he hoped he would be out of the country when the Queen mum died so he would not have to listen to endless mawkish sentiments and wall to wall coverage in the press.

He was away for the Queen mum - but he was here when Diana died. He was puce by about 10am each day for the ensuing week & was a real PITA to live with. 

It has not been forgotten that I actually arranged my day so I could watch the royal wedding in 2011.

He is not a royalist - I am.

Best wishes to all new parents, everywhere today - nice to hear some happy news image

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • Andy19Andy19 Posts: 671

Better with a Queen and the Royal Family than a country run by a dictator like other countries in the world.

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,023

A new baby is new life and new hope, but I agree with AWB. I also agree Andy 19. And I think France could do with a figure head monarch instead of that idiot Hollande, with a Prime minister at the head of government.

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.