London (change)
Today 11°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 9°C / 8°C
1 to 20 of 28 messages
16/10/2012 at 16:48
Yesterday at miday I saw a post from CRISTOPHER2 that I initially thought had been posted by me cHristopner2. There was no secret, no deceit no fantastic plan, I replied to Cristopner2 to point out the confusion of, apparently, two chrisfopher2's and suggested we resolve this issue. THIS IS CLEARLY IN THE FORUM LOG. I also informed Daniel Haynes....this post can be seen too. No detective work needed folks. As I didn't get a reply from cristopher2 and wanted to comment on a post, I took the initiative to change my name to Verdun, my first name. To further complicate the issue both cristopher2 and christopher2 ......ME...are both in Cornwall. I intended to announce I had changed my name, for reason already given, when posts appeared speculating as to who I really was. It was very, very, very, very funny. The information, as already said, WAS ALREADY ON THE FORUM LOG yet everyone was speculating! I wondered how far this would get before I said anything. Now, I have never been christopher1, as someone suggested.. I was christopher2, now Verdun ....for reasons already given. I am a forum member purely and simply to engage with like-minded people, with whom I enjoy banter and discussion, on gardening matters. How would other forum members have handled this? I was simply given no chance to inform anybody before the sleuths surfaced. So, folks, let's all RELAX. I will post as Verdun, cristopher2 will post as himself and the world has survived.
16/10/2012 at 16:57

Why not use an avatar?

16/10/2012 at 17:07

Honestly- I don't think people care that much-for the record Verdun appeared yesterday evening- the posting that outed Verdon was around 10pm-if you were that bothered you could have announced this world-shattering news yesterday evening in time for the News at 6- so you had plenty of time

Why you felt the need to post on your own thread - Christopher- as if Verdon was a new poster is questionable-hence my gift to you this morning- that I am still waiting a thank-you for.

I hope questions aren't made to the PM tomorrow-I am sure Mr Cameron will have more important things to deal with and the world will continue as normal

Now back to our normal programming.

16/10/2012 at 17:30

Verdun- the artiste formerly known as Christopher2

This was a bit of a tricky one and you probably handled it as best as you could-I don't think you were subject to anything malicious but then I am a trusting sort of chap.

Anyway all resolved-but you were a bit naughty in pretending to be a new poster-was that intentional?

16/10/2012 at 17:35
This is very silly Graeme. I have responded honestly and correctly yet you still question me. Why didn't I do this or that is merely adding to a sequence of posts that urged me to "own up" to something that hours earlier were already discussed on the forum. My intention for one of the christopher2's to resolve the issue had already been declared....see the posts.
You question my integrity further by implying something sinister by me replying on my own thread. It's just the way it was. I wanted to post something in reply to another's post...as already explained in great detail. I have done no wrong at all but deliberately delay my "comfession" because of the posts that were coming i hope other forum members will react with more grace. I can think of no reason to post incognito deliberately on a forum such as this. Can you? I would have preferred by far to continue using "Christopher2".
16/10/2012 at 17:39

16/10/2012 at 17:41
Sotongeoff, you surprise me. If other posters think as you do I will leave the forum. As I said earlier, I have posted honestly with no maliciousness whatsoever. All I ask is for people to look at my post to cristopher2 and to Daniel Haynes made IMMEDIATELY I was aware of the duplication of my name and then to look at the subsequent posts made to me by would-be inquisitors.
16/10/2012 at 17:51

Verdun-it is going to be hard to get used to that.

I think you have misunderstood me-I said you handled it as best you could-but it would have been better straight away to say that "this is the new me"

You did post on that thread you started and I read that is if you were a new poster until I twigged-and after that is was funny

When I said malicious my inference was that the other Christopher was not being deliberately naughty- it was just one of those strange coincidences

Now I trust that is now clear and you will continue to be an active member of this forum-where you advice and input is obviously appreciated-but please do lighten up a bit

16/10/2012 at 18:17

Verdun-I don't want anybody to leave this forum over a spat-I have just looked back at the "am I posting too much " thread and someone there said you need to be a bit thick skinned to post on forums

But this is what you did write yesterday- and it was not in reply to anybody

Verdun wrote (see)
It's good to see the regulars posting as well as the new guys. So many experiences, attitudes and viewpoints and a wealth of advice to heed or not. It's getting to be a habit logging in.

Any way-time to move on.

16/10/2012 at 18:32
Ok sotongeoff. For the record...at 13 46 yesterday i contacted Daniel Haynes on this forum saying someone is using what appears to be my name. At 13 35 yesterday I spoke to cristopher2 about this on this forum that one of us has to change his name. At 21 21 I posted as Verdun. The reasons are CRYSTAL CLEAR ..and were made so by me twice now....so please do not nit pick and say I should have done something you decree I should have done. The fact is posters, you included, made this into something it never was. Frankly, I intended not to explain anything so soon as I was enjoying all the questioning posts so much....so many clever detectives solving a crime that never was. I did find it funny and told my friends and family as the issue got even more funny. Frankly, I would have enjoyed a longer run. So, sotongeoff, I respect the posts you present and the advice you give...as far as I'm concerned you are brilliant ....so please respect my honesty in this issue.
16/10/2012 at 18:40

I am not decreeing anything and I am not questioning your honesty-crikey this is just a gardening forum

You asked how would other forum members had handled this -I have said just by saying "this the new me"-with a smile.

Now I trust that is clear

16/10/2012 at 18:47
Graeme , are you seeing something Im not seeing in my post? I clearly said. "it's getting to be a habit logging in"? Before that I referred to "regular and new posters" This was because of a couple of posts from new to gardening people. Are you saying I should have stated my,new name immediately. I simply did not think to do that. I.posted as me, oblivious to the post name, but I would have mentioned it at some stage as a "ps" on a more suitable post. It,is time to move on but apologies would be nice to enable this.
16/10/2012 at 18:51
Sotongeoff, your way,is not the only way. Why did I have to "do it with a smile"? I did exactly what I thought was right. Plain and simple. What I thought was right. Best leave this now.
16/10/2012 at 18:56
Verdun wrote (see)
Ok sotongeoff. For the record...at 13 46 yesterday i contacted Daniel Haynes on this forum saying someone is using what appears to be my name. At 13 35 yesterday I spoke to cristopher2 about this on this forum that one of us has to change his name. At 21 21 I posted as Verdun. The reasons are CRYSTAL CLEAR ..and were made so by me twice now....so please do not nit pick and say I should have done something you decree I should have done. The fact is posters, you included, made this into something it never was. Frankly, I intended not to explain anything so soon as I was enjoying all the questioning posts so much....so many clever detectives solving a crime that never was. I did find it funny and told my friends and family as the issue got even more funny. Frankly, I would have enjoyed a longer run. So, sotongeoff, I respect the posts you present and the advice you give...as far as I'm concerned you are brilliant ....so please respect my honesty in this issue.

Maybe your wish for a longer run has backfired a bit. It could,as Sotongeoff commented, have been dealt with by

just by saying "this the new me"-with a smile.

16/10/2012 at 18:58

I am not saying my way is the only way- but I repeat you asked what other members would have done-so I answered and told you

And yes -we can leave it at that-ok?

16/10/2012 at 19:09
Verdun wrote (see)

21.21??

posted yesterday by Verdun at -18.44- seeing as we are playing facts

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/talkback/red-peppers-on-forums/28950.html

Verdun wrote (see)
Can anyone tell me what the red peppers mean on the forum page?

16/10/2012 at 19:41
Graeme. Did you read my posts? It was clear at lunchtime yesterday what I had to do re my name and what I posted about it. There was no secret. All anyone had to do was see the posts on the forum. I changed my name AFTER I said I would. I CHANGED MY NAME BECAUSE IT WAS BEING USED BY SOMEONE ELSE. Look for hidden and mysterious reasons but it's all now getting me down. I live my life honestly, by being open and by telling it as it is. I don't do hints or deceit or play silly games on garden forums but this is no longer enjoyable. I joined this forum to share what limited horticultural skills and experience I have not to have these very silly........ very, very silly accusations and ."proofs" of things that exist in others' heads
16/10/2012 at 19:50
Figrat, do you really think I contrived a name change to prolong a thread run? I usually read the latest posts to see if a subject I can reply to is there. I don't count number of threads,etc as you say. If you saw someone posting as figratt ...figratT what would you do? If you changed your name, posted it and later read accusing posts what you do? We do things as we see them at the time....so putting a smiley would have made it ok? Nobody gave me a chance to explain anything.
16/10/2012 at 19:53
It was such a temptation to let this foolish thread run and run. My friends and I have been finding it extremely amusing but not now ......it's become unpleasant
16/10/2012 at 19:57

Verdun-

Was not going to comment further-but...............

This has obviously upset you-why not just put it behind you and move on-I have said this before but we are all mates here and a friendly lot-on the whole -so just forget it-eh?

1 to 20 of 28 messages