Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 40 replies

pansyface

Just heard on the news that some poor chap spent all day laying a new turf lawn only to wake up the next day and find the whole lot had disappeared. CCTV revealed two middle aged ladies in the act at half past five in the morning.

Fairygirl

Some people have no shame. I hope they catch them. 

It wasn't me by the way...

Someone told me when they went to buy a new house they were delighted that it had a good sturdy fence all the way round because they had a new puppy. When they moved in - the sellers had taken the entire fence with them....

4thPanda

Just why would you do that - either offence?  Some people . . . .

Fairygirl

Just because they can Panda...that's the problem  

Dovefromabove

pansyface wrote (see)

Just heard on the news that some poor chap spent all day laying a new turf lawn only to wake up the next day and find the whole lot had disappeared. CCTV revealed two middle aged ladies in the act at half past five in the morning.

Another reason why it's better to seed than turf  

I know I'm awake at 5.30 most mornings, but did they say one of the women was wearing a fluffy dressing gown ....... 

Advertisement

Let's hope whoever took that lawn is grassed up to the police 

Fairygirl

Verd - that's a shocker.... why didn't I think of it.... 

pansyface

I thought it might be a turf war.

Some people are reals sods aren't they!

What.... they must have been watching him to know he had turf, to be able to pinch it

artjak

Those thieves definitely need cutting down to size. The owner should get a large dog to scarify potential thieves.

Clarington

Fairy girl - I've seen people selling their fences on the likes of gumtree as reason for sale - sold the house!

fidgetbones

Funny thing is... and I watched the video..... The camera tracks the thieves taking away the turf. Since a security CCTV is fixed, that wouldn't have happened.

If the camera operating neighbour was watching them, why didn't he call the police?

Probably because it was his wife, thought if he recorded it, it would detract from him being a suspect.

Being watching too many criminal minds!!!!

Steve 309

So these two Irishmen ... sorry....potentially racist .....these two....politicians?  are walking along the road when a lorry carrying a load of rolled-up turf goes by.  "Will ye look at that?!" says Paddy (for it is he).  "Bejasus - I wish I was rich enough to send my lawn away to be cut"

Advertisement

Fairygirl

Steve - and you need the same accent for this  - 'that's a cracker!'

Some splendid jokes there ...I'd personally like to see mower...

Steve 309

Leaf off with the puns.

Stephen 7

Steve nice one...just wait for the MP expenses claim for a 3 ton lorry 

Joan Brew

Ah! Steve being Irish I have to say I love the one about sending the lawn away to be cut LOL !    Begorrah I wish I had thought of that . But sure an' I.m not sharp ! I need to pay mower attention 

Yviestevie

Could be a good thread, what have you had stolen out of your garden.

I can start the ball rolling with 7 conifers, you should have seen my face as I stood on the step with a bowl of cereal in my hand.

Also Christmas wreath off the door

Finally a huge pot with tree in was dragged halfway down the drive before they gave up.

Any more offers.