London (change)
Today 15°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 17°C / 12°C
221 to 226 of 226 messages
16/05/2015 at 10:35

Loving this thread! So resourceful! Very inspiring!  the radiator bricks in the cold frame is genius Hollie! I used mine as paving as they are so heavy they sit without budging perfectly! Great salad planters Sanjy! Excellent space saving idea and no bending  to weed! 

16/05/2015 at 10:41

Ha Ha Wonky, think his first intention was to make sure it was weighed down so it didn't fly off. Added bonus of heating the frames as well, they work really well as bottom heat. They are very heavy so good choice in laying them as paving.

16/05/2015 at 10:53

Excellent side effect! Heating cold frame! 

I know all to well how heavy those bricks are! I'm laying them later today to park my wheelbarrow on!

I used a similar extreme method of weighing down my plastic half green house yesterday, I dug a hole six inches and burried the base!  the pegs provided would have been sturdy enough to thread a kebab but not hold down a greenhouse against high wind! 

16/05/2015 at 12:08

Go careful with you back when you lay them. So far so good with all the frames that I have but I have heard many tales of them taking off, pays to think ahead. I saw the pictures of the pegs and ropes ha ha no chance. Good thinking

16/05/2015 at 12:38

thanks everyone 

yes be careful with your cold frame, i had a similar take off with my plastic greenhouse where it filled with wind and tipped over and every single plant came our of its pot i must have had 75 pots in it grrrr..... it is now secured to the wall with two bungy cord straps after i found out one wouldn't hold it......see above for results of one strap  

i'm itching to make more pallet things but OH is building a garage near his workshop and i cant get to all his tools at the mo 

25/05/2015 at 21:22

Well today I managed to source a half pallet (the front bit only) to start of a pallet fence for the allotment just need to find more

email image
221 to 226 of 226 messages