Start a new thread

61 to 80 of 457 replies

KEF

No expert, impressive

No expert

I saw a guy make the bench on a tv programme a few years ago so no credit to me except for the back.

The storage box is a plain enough item but I badly need somewhere handy to store all the sheets I use for frost protection. We get frost to early May in Tipperary. I envy those living by the coast, they sow earlies in Feburary.

Will post a picture when it is stained up and has handles on it. bogged down cutting wood at the moment, fuel running low this time of year.

No expert that looks great - sure your not an expert - they don't even look like pallet planks nicely sanded was that a power sander?

Thanks KEF my hand still sore

No expert

Perks of having a workshop at work. Beltsander, orbital sander and chop saw make it easier.

Advertisement

star gaze lily

Thats great no expert 

Hi WW good to see you 

Obelixx

Happy Planter - line it with black plastic.  This will stop chemicals leaching and also protect the wood from moisture in the soil so it will last longer.

Hello all

Here is an update of my pallet projects this is for a strawberry raised planter

Started like this below I had already took off the blocks and the back planks few days before

This is one bit cut off I divided it up into 3 pieces to get front, back and two sides

Here it is laid out when I finished cutting up the three sections  

With the sides cut to size 

This is it put together, I sawed up a plank and a half - down the middle in half to attach to the bottom to make sure the planter has more supported

I am going to paint it some when - the rain is stopping that

No expert

Impressive GG. What are you lining it with?

No expert

Here is a cold frame made from pallet planks and an old over bath shower door.

artjak

That is a very good cold frame

Like your planter GG...you must have an electric saw to make cuts like that  and the cold frame No expert is fab. 

Haven't got pics but I've made a fence at the bottom of the plot, some raised beds and I've some really rough pallets for a compost area. I've started on a two seater seat too with a half pallet but that's a project in progress...

No expert

Here finally is the storage box with handles and latch.

Should keep all sort of gear safe and dry. Next project is a garden table to go with the bench, don't hold your breath.

Advertisement

4thPanda

OMG  'No Expert' my bum! That box looks amazing  Would never guess in a million years it was made of pallets!

No expert

Thanks Panda. It's amazing what a lash of woodstain can do to a pallet.

artjak

No expert, did you have to plane the wood first to get that wonderful finish?

No expert

The pallets were clean and I gave them a heavy sanding, then 2 coats of Ronseal fence life.

Hello all

No expert I am lining it with a mini grow bed lining bag

Zoomer44 - just a hand saw all measured and then maths - marked all out with metre stick and pencil where I was going to cut, stood it upwards leant against trestles and sawed down the pallet was a bit tricky to do but got there

I have painted my strawberry planter maple leaf green Cuprinol garden shades

Today I have been sorting out a bench nailing together and sanding it down