Forum home Garden design
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Pallets

I got some pallets and wondering what I can make - something for the garden need ideas, I am thinking of a bench maybe not sure how I would do it

What have you made out of pallets?

Hampshire Gardener

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,023

There was someone who posted on here some time ago who made a garden shed with pallets. I use them for storing big bales of hay on for my horses. My son has used them to make his compost heap.

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

I have acquired three pallets. I am going to make an insect hotel,when I have some time spare.

• archiepemarchiepem Posts: 1,155

decking . how about a living wallimage

• Dave MorganDave Morgan Posts: 3,123

Bug houses, compost bin, bird boxes,coldframe, raised beds all made with pallets.

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Potting bench, staging for GH. image

Part old arbour and some pallets. I didn't make it OH did.

• Made my compost bins out of pallets.

Also made a garden bench out of a 9 board pallet. Take off the battom boards, leave on the big blocks of wood. Cut into 3 3 board sections and ressemble with the wooden block all meeting under the seat. Simple.

• Thanks some great ideas, archiepem like the decking, KEF what a great potting bench may have a try of that, No expert do you have pics and Busy-Lizzie like the cold frame on that website 

Hampshire Gardener
  • Here is a picture of my pallets and I have 3 more now

Think it will be a bench a cold frame and maybe a garden table for seed sowing.

Lets just see if my DIY skills are up to making them all

Hampshire Gardener
  • 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

Can't wait to see the finished results image