Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

parkers

I ordered some roses from jparkers a month ago,and on monday I emailed them asking where my order was and was told it had been sent out.

That same night at 9pm I had a knock on the door and it was someone who lives in my street saying that he thinks this parcel is mine.

he told me it had his address on the box so he opened it and the invoice inside had my address on.

It was my order and i complained to parkers.

I have had loads of deliveries from parkers and for this to happen is a joke.

I have told parkers that i would not be ordering anymore.

see what happens.

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Glad you got your roses, just the right time for planting.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

Strange that, usually invoices and delivery labels are printed the same. Maybe the postman mad a mistake? Did you see the address label?

There is a road near here that is the same name but road instead of lane. They are renumbered, and I often have delivery people knocking on the door and I have to redirect them. The postcodes are correct, but the delivery people don't follow them.

Thankfully I stopped the tipper lorry from dropping 5 tons of gravel on my drive instead of the other one.image

• FleurisaFleurisa Posts: 779

Last week I received a letter for Newton in Wales, I live in Newton-le-Willows in England! The address and postcode were correct for where it should have gone.

• Ah, but someone knew better!!! image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

It is just so frustrating when the world isn't perfect. At least you had an honest neighbour who returned your roses rather than plant them in their own garden!

• "he told me it had his address on the box so he opened it and the invoice inside had my address on."

The label will be on the box, so check if the correct address is on it.

• box incorrect had number 55 on

live number 58

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

A few years back, I discovered a cardboard box with, I think, a computer in it under my oil tank; it had been there for 10 months! It was addressed to my neighbour!

• In all the years I have been shopping with J. Parker, I can honestly say I have never had a problem, one of the lucky ones.

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Same here Susan, everything i have had has been really good and very reasonable prices, i only buy their sale items, very cheap and all growing well in my garden,

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.