Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Paul's Hymalayan Musk rambler

LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Its out of control this year, three years growth and its enormous, I don't know where to start.

Could I cut it back to about five ft all over and start again or will I lose next years flowers.

thank you for any help.x

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• cathy43cathy43 Posts: 373

If you can, find the long lateral branches that are heading the direction you want. Use these as a frame and take of the growth coming up from them, these laterals will break away next year for more flowers.  Hope this makes sense? Anything that is heading off in a direction you don't want, take off.  

This may not be the correct thing to do, but its how I keep mine managable image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Ok thanks folks, off to tackle the job armed with loppers secateurs and thick gloves image

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

Let us know when you're back,. or we'll be sending out a search party armed with machetes image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

Oh dear, are we going to have to send out a rescue squad??????????