Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

peace lily

Can someone please advise why the flowers on my peace Lily are coming through green instead of white?  The plant is very healthy but just all green!!! 

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    Hi Val, im sorry i dont know the answer, possibly light levels? I have seen it before though, i hope one of the others can help you image
  • Thanks Bekkie

The plant is not in direct sunlight but has plenty of light.  Thank you for your reply though.

Val 

• I thought they started green and as they matured they became white .

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

Chrissie is right and as you have them in the perfect position Val, yours should eventually become white.

Just looked at one of my plants and there is one green coloured one and one white oneimage

• I know that is what should happen but they are staying green!!?? Weird. 

Weirder and weirder Val - perhaps you have a new variety.

• The strange thing is that they were white when I first bought the plant!! 

• Alan4711Alan4711 Posts: 1,657

Hi Val , you v been spoiling it,overfeeding causes green blooms,in actual fact the blooms exterior is  a leaf, ( bract ) looks like a flower,  I also have over fed mine and yes green blooms,,one quarter of the recommended food  strength no more or sooner or later green blooms ,rain water only until white blooms, for better info see this

http://www.proplants.com/guide/peace-lily-care-guide 

good luck

• Thanks Alan, I will try what you say and use rainwater and cut down on the feeding. Thanks gain.