Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

pericallis

Evening

I'm trying to find a supplier for a pericallis as this Photo

But I can't seem to find it also while I'm asking my book says this plant is called

pericallis cv can any one tell me what the cv stands for because when I type the cv in after the pericallis my search comes up empty but if I just type in pericallis it adds Senetti which is just a trade mark/name

clueless

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Dunno James - but where have you been? Not seen you post for a while image

Hope you've not been up to any mischief while we weren't looking image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Hi James

cv is cultivar. A cultivated variety of a plant.

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • PalustrisPalustris Posts: 4,307

Trouble is there are about 22 species of Pericallis.

• Hello Fairygirl

Christmas day I fell down the stairs (not drunk) and pulled all the muscles in my back and trapped a nerve so sitting with the laptop and typing has been a no no until now I can't get to the office computer as my son has pinched that and called it his computer now (bless him)

Nut thank you for explaining what cv means

I started to sow some seeds this weekend in one of those jif prop seed trays first time I've used one as I don't really like them as I think they strangle the plants but I will cut down one side before I pot on

Clueless

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117
    CluelessGardener wrote (see)

Hello Fairygirl

Christmas day I fell down the stairs (not drunk) 

That's what you say James.....image

Seriously, hope you're ok now. Not funny when you do that sort of thing. A few of the others here have been in the wars recently too. Good to see you back image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • I did it in the morning with washing in my hand and tripped over one of the dogs

I did need a drink after that just to kill the pain

Clueless

• SwissSueSwissSue Posts: 1,447

Clueless, have a look on here, RHS lists suppliers of Pericallis magenta!

http://apps.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantfinder/pfregions.asp?id=221907

• Thank you sue I have had a look on the website however the nursery nearest to me is closed and when it opens it will be under new management so we will see

Clueless

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

I hope you are feeling better, James. It will be a good job when we can all get back in the garden, its not safe in the house. ( Apart from Puncdoc, who fell off a ladder in the garden) Everyone is stir crazy.