Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Personal Profiles.

Mmmmmmm.......my horticultural classification ......think I'm probably one of those low growing, suckering green jobbies that gets everywhere, and is almost impossible to get rid ofimage

But apart from that, I really, really love gardening - does that count for anything?

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

pansyface...you're right. About both parts of your reply......image

As Verd says don't give out personal info. Be very wary of anyone wanting you to do that too....image

Leopards and spots

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 4,538

Uploading my C.V as we speak image

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Mike Allen, Bearded Iris or Hortico if you want to embellish your profile feel free to do so image

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

I think some might feel that by adding one's horticultural credentials one might be a little boastful?

I'll leave my profile as it is. Brief.

Devon.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Mike, I think it would be interesting to know about peoples' gardening interests and see a photo of their gardens. 

Qualifications? No. I agree with Hosta. Forum respect is earned by rational, accurate and helpful  posting not from letters after your name.

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 8,478

Verdun is spot on image

But if people wish to put qualification on profile that is fine by me 

Agian if people wish to put a picture of there garden that is also fine by me but lots of pictures are put on at various time , also gardens change , mine has slightly since last year 

We must remember this is an informal social media site for fun/chat image

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190
    pansyface wrote (see)

Someone called Mike Allen asked for more personal information some time ago, It didn't meet with much enthusiasm.

What does it really matter anyway? Technical qualifications aren't really necessary in order to offer help, in my humble (unqualified) opinion.

Well spotted Pansy.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

My credentials are many many years of gardening, reading books, making mistakes, sometimes massive and learning on the job. The advice i give on this forum is my way of trying to stop others making the same mistakes, they use the information as they wish, up to them. What else is there to know I ask?

Frank