Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

pests

does any one know an inexpensive sure  fire way  to stop a fox using my garden for its toilet I have  checked it out on the internet and what it is leaving shows it is a fox .looking at all the deterrents there  are faults with  each of the methods shown and none of them would be of use

• Dave MorganDave Morgan Posts: 3,123

Find out where he comes in and pee on the area regularly. Foxes don't like human urine.

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

Or pee in a pot from the safety of your bathroom and take it out into the garden to distribute Verdunimage

(If you have indoor plumbing that is, I've heard of such luxuries outside of the border).

• james newjames new Posts: 13

thank you for the suggestions ,yes it is vile smelling cant let the grand children in the garden . Just filled another shopping bag will try suggestions was going to try and trap it but saw I cant as it is protected  I hope you are not taking the pee out of me . what is pluming hope it is some thing  coming to Newcastle soon

• ElviraElvira Posts: 17

Apparently lion poo works to stop deer. Perhaps the fox will think it's got competition from a much bigger rival?

• james newjames new Posts: 13

where do I get it from please don't say a lion quality garden centres ?

• YviestevieYviestevie Posts: 7,066

You can buy it ready packaged now from larger garden centres.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,064

Nasty, smelly stuff fox poo.  

A water scarecrow is supposed to be good against foxes as well as cats, herons etc.  You can google for more info and suppliers.  Just need to remember to move the sensors regularly so they don't learn the trigger points and wiggle round them.

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato