London (change)
Fri 9°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 10°C
6 messages
16/07/2014 at 19:19

Good evening,

what is your recommended outdoor plant food?

thanks

16/07/2014 at 19:28

Hi Maxine,

I use fish, blood and bone at the start of the season.  I also use David Austins rose food on my roses.  This month English Garden magazine did a trial on a number of plant foods and Gro sure Planting Magic came out top.  Granular, its not organic, but you do only have to apply once for a six month feed and it contains nutrients, water control, soil improver and root builder.  I havent tried it but thought I would get some and see how it performed.

16/07/2014 at 19:40

I use liquid seaweed throughout the growing season along with what Yviestevie has suggested. All fertilizers are pretty good these days, you'll get to have a preference like the rest of us. It's what works for your situation that's important.

16/07/2014 at 19:54

I'm currently using Richard jack sons flower power which seems to work on everything but the pinks it's high pot ash with Mycorrhizae fungi in it, also use Richard Jackson Root Booster. ????

16/07/2014 at 19:55

Hi Max, i use FBB in April and nettle tea for getting the plants started then comfry tea after, (added potash for fruit trees ) also any sea weed that i can blend , indoors i use miracle grow because my partner bought me some ,i think indoor food is pretty much a muchness, But i only use a third to half the recommended dosage of any of them.

Good luck.

16/07/2014 at 19:59

Hiya Al

the plant food I use is outdoor food, like I said really good on everything else but not so much on these pinks! 

email image
6 messages