Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

plant ID

Hi - just got back from my local NGS open day - got lots of inspiration and some bargain plants. Can anyone identify this plant I bought for 50p - the owner said it has  lively flower and grows about 12inches high. Sorry can't remember the colour. image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Hi Gardeninglily image

Can we have some more pics please, as well as seeing a close-up it's good to see the whole plant so we can see how it grows.

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

Another pic of same plant - thank you

• reminds me of the red flowered pulmonaria (one of the lungworts) in which case I would expect it to come into fllower pretty soon

any more ideas anybody?

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

I don't think it's a pulmonaria.

A view of a whole leaf in good but not glaring light would help, and maybe the plant from the top. sorryimage

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • OldtykeOldtyke Posts: 155

Marigold?

Any better? 

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Much better pictureimage

Hasn't taken me anywhere thoughimage

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • It took me ages to upload because I keep getting an error message on my kindle. Something like Rad Ajax callback error. Anyone had that before? image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139
    gardeninglily1 wrote (see)

It took me ages to upload because I keep getting an error message on my kindle. Something like Rad Ajax callback error. Anyone had that before? image

Yes, it's one of the blips on the forum - if you're patient and just wait it does work - as you found image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.