Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Planter suggestions

I was given an oyster basket (basically a large, old supermarket shopping basket at an inflated price), for my birthday. I'm looking for ideas about planting it up.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

John, can you post a pic for us - we work better with visual aids image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

I'm attaching an image, thanks

• hogweedhogweed Posts: 4,053

Just line it and treat it as any other hanging type basket - unless you are looking to fill it with perennial type plants? Forgive me for this but it does not look too attractive - I would fill it with shade lovers and tuck it into a shady corner of the garden!

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller

There's a trailing plant with blue-ish ferny leaves and flowers that look like lobster claws that's often used for hanging baskets.

It would be such fun to use it for a planter like that - but I don't know it's name - I'll go and look in some books - unless anyone else knows???

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Thanks

The Lotus looks interesting. I'll try it image