Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Plug plant offers

The user and all related content has been deleted.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

The plugs are tiny, will need growing on in small pots, then you could plant out in autumn and cloche them against the worst of the winter.

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    If you can get your hands on polystyrene boxes, large ones, the type that medicines are delivered to the chemist in, they make wonderful cold frames, just cover with a clear bin bag, piece of glass etc image

But i grew that sort of thing at the allotment without much trouble as long as the plants arent tender, perennials should be fine image
  • bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    Slugs didnt seem to like it either image
  • Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

Bear I mind though that if it's this months offer they are being sent out in August (I think that what I read) and realistically if it's anything like last time it may well be nearer the end of September which may only give you a month-6 weeks growing time.

I bought the perennials last time as plugs and they are growing brilliantly (I think it was May when I got mine) some even have flowers, although they are now desperate to be repotted so that's this weekend'd job.  

Well worth it for £5.95 but still try and get some polystyrene boxes as recommended by Bekkie.