Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Primula Auricula

I keep mine in pots sheltered from the rain as they don't like water on their leaves image

• If you want to expand the number of types you have, possibly the widest range available are at Woottens plants - use the plant finder under P, pages 7 to 16.  I was amazed that there were so many! image

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • I keep mine (burgundy with yellow centres, no idea which variety they are) in small glazed pots near a very large variegated pittosporum outside all year round. They flower every year no problem. I don't see any in garden centres near me unfortunately, to add to them.

• PalustrisPalustris Posts: 4,307

This is where I grow mine, in Summer. In winter they are moved to the cold greenhouse.

• Thank you Susan image 

Ooooh Berghill I've been trying to persuade my Father to build me an 'Auricula Theatre' like that for the past few months lol 

• granmagranma Posts: 1,933

I grow them in flower beds in a gritty soil  ,  also the old  clay pots ,I don't have any problems with either.

No problems, it is on a South east facing wall. Do have a shade netting if the sun ever shines too much though.

• chickychicky Posts: 10,409

Oooo Berghill - thats lovelyimage

I have 5 that i bought as plugs last year - they have been out all summer, but I have just moved them in to a cold GH for the winter.  Only had one flowered so far, so hoping the others are as prettyimage

I make a makeshift "theatre" out of bricks - shown here with the polyanthus instead

These are some of the ones from the Theatre

• chickychicky Posts: 10,409

Love them all - but middle one is particularly delishimageimage

Worth taking a look at the Auricula and Primula Society pages.

http://www.auriculaandprimula.org.uk/