London (change)
Today 9°C / 4°C
Tomorrow 10°C / 9°C
1 to 20 of 36 messages
02/02/2014 at 21:39

Just a little note on behalf of My son (private school)

My son Age 13 has just passed his entrance exams for his school in the summer.

we received his (new school results) on Saturday

but not only did he get accepted into his school he did that well in his exams they have invited him to sit academic scholarships

well done son I'm so proud of you

Clueless

02/02/2014 at 21:50

Well done but unless his exams were on pruning, not terribly relevant for this forum...

More for the book of the face really.

02/02/2014 at 22:05

Steve I don't do facebook and I'm just a proud Father that wants to shout this excellent achievement from the rooftops

so I'm sorry if you find it not relevant for the forum but hay each to his own and you didn't have to read it did you

02/02/2014 at 22:54

Clueless

You are wrong.  This IS relevant  to the forum because we all feel good for you. 

Your son, clearly, is going places.  You are right to be a proud father ..."...I'm the sort to shout out stuff like this too 

Thanks for telling us...it's that sort of forum.  It's for the sad news and for the good news and for the really exciting news like yours James 

02/02/2014 at 22:58

Thank you Verdun

I feel much better now steve did upset me a bit I had to delete my fist reply to him

Clueless

02/02/2014 at 22:58

I fail to see why I upset you, I started my post with 'well done' and merely questioned why it was posted to a gardening forum. Hardly rage inducing.

02/02/2014 at 23:09

Just wait james for tomorrow when everyone wakes up.  They will all feel great for your news 

02/02/2014 at 23:15

Well done James, congratulations. 

Clueless, can understand you being proud, well done to you too

02/02/2014 at 23:16

sorry Clueless, but I'm with Steve J. I'm VERY pleased for you and , obviously , your son, but Gardeners' World?? really? time and place ?

02/02/2014 at 23:18

I'm still awake, and am made up for you James - good luck to your son in the next set of tests!  

This forum, and its members, were really supportive when my daughter was doing exams last summer.  Its about more than gardening - even though that creeps in every other sentence ......

02/02/2014 at 23:37

Each to his own but when I have good news, or excited about something I tell the whole world.  Don't care who it is.  Don't consider there are any rules.  in gardeners world it's Monty's dog people rave about very often.  Monty told us about his dog's recuperation from a serious operation ....not strictly gardening but made us all feel better.  Many here have had good news about their health recently, not strictly gardening but wonderfully cheering. Others are not too good right now and we are all wanting to hear good news for them too.  Again, not strictly gardening.

No rules if what we say is decent, upbuilding and fair. 

There are loads of threads here.......participate in those you enjoy and ignore,those you don't 

03/02/2014 at 00:23

Totally agree with you Verdun.I haven't made many posts but i'm going to now I feel more confident about it.I love this forum.It's friendly and supportive in good times and bad like an extended family.It really cheers me up to read different threads both gardening and non-gardening.Like you said no-body has to read it if they don't want to.Why shouldn't we share our good news with friends on the forum.Ssorry for going on.

03/02/2014 at 00:24

Well done son of James,   Is it a school just for the summer months? Or a new high school?

03/02/2014 at 00:25

Totally agree with you Verdun.I haven't made many posts but i'm going to now I feel more confident about it.I love this forum.It's friendly and supportive in good times and bad like an extended family.It really cheers me up to read different threads both gardening and non-gardening.Like you said no-body has to read it if they don't want to.Why shouldn't we share our good news with friends on the forum.Sorry for going on.

Congratulations CG and well done to your son.It is a great achievement..It says a lot about you as a parent. 

03/02/2014 at 00:35

Well said Verdun, agree with everything you said. I feel we are all 'friends' on this forum, and here for each other in good times and in sad times. Friends can talk about anything and everything. 

03/02/2014 at 07:24

Zombie this is his high school

whats more amazing is he has to wear green glasses as he is dyslexia and has always given 110% in all his lessons, his last IQ test was 109 but more to the point he is a straight A,B student and feels gutted when he drops a grade.

Verdun and friends thank you for the support I do think of you all as extended family

Clueless

03/02/2014 at 08:09

Clueless, congrats again James

03/02/2014 at 08:14

It's good to share .......... James, give our congratulations and best wishes to your son and tell him we've said he should be very proud of himself 

03/02/2014 at 08:23

Sorry thought James was your son, so conrats to your son. And you of course 

KEF
03/02/2014 at 08:32

Great news James. Me thinks cake is in order for your son.

Told you before that you aren't "Clueless" stand proud and grin.

1 to 20 of 36 messages