Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Pumpkin carvings

frankenstein

gargoyle........

what are you planning for this year ????

well as im sat looking at the mit im thinking of pumpkin carving for this year... i grow pumpkins so i can carve them(making delicious soup from the inards as well....) so show us yours... here are a few from years gone by that myself and my OH have carved 

spooky trio

melting

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

Spooky.   Woooh.image

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

Is there nothing you can't do? image They are fab! 

• Mine all came to nothing (as usual), just fodder for the compost heap image

• Mine been rubbish last 3 yrs, but speaking of compost heap, that's where we grew ours our 1st yr here as we had no veg beds then or anywhere to grow em. We grew one at 4 stone! So that's where they're goung again next yr, and the sweetcorn.

As for the carving, any chance you could do templates, Stacey. For the ones I'll have to buy again this yr! I can't even draw a respectable stick man, and can't get my son to realise that we need to have bits inbetween the carving for it to hold up.  As I can't draw, I can't explain it, either!

• Gardenjeannie I will happily send you templates if I can find any of the above ones....I have to say we did 5 one year and had a team of 4 people hollowing and helping with the carving......... ( this was b4 lo) and it did invol e lots of wine.... 

• They look amazing image

I was looking at one of my groups on facebook, and someone used a drill to carve their pumpkins. I was thinking of using small ones in this way to make a little line of night lights. 

My all-time favourite pumpkin design has to be the one that looks like it's had a very nasty tummy bug lol

• Lol love it Emma..... We use scalpels and pumpkin carving tools ( yes they do exist) from the states.. Am gonna try doing an evening forkers one .......

• Wow they are fantastic. I'll give the carving a miss, I'm rubbish at anything arty and I'd probably just end up with something looking like a blob with a ruddy great hole in the middle lol. And even if I did manage it, if I stuck a couple of those outside my front door at night and then went outside and came face to face so to speak I'd die of fright lol I'm such a wimp I'd scare myself, soo dark in my garden!

• XX Posts: 707

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.urlesque.com/media/2010/10/drunk-pumpkin-party.jpg

I so want to do this this year!

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

image  Love the puking pumpkin