Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Rain

Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,276

We need some here in Northamptonshire, there are cracks in the ground. Anyone else having a very dry April?

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Almost totally dry Fishy. 

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

Dry in some ways image Would also like some rain Fishy image

• LesleyjLesleyj Posts: 2

Yes, here in Kent we badly need some rain. I was trying to plant some things out today and the ground was like concrete! I watered well with a hose this evening, can't remember doing so so early in the year before.

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Posts: 11,384

Yep, just checked weather station - no significant rain in Leics since April 4th - have had the hose out several times.

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.

This time last year I was planting things out and not bothering to water in. It was done for me every timeimage

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,277
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

I have been watering pots and flower beds image 

• Mrs GMrs G Posts: 336

We're forecast rain here (Leics) on Friday and for the next week. About time, my water butts are empty and I've been lugging water from the tap for new plantings.

• Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,276

I see I'm not alone. Dry in Derbyshire pansyface?? Surely impossible. Easter 1992 I spent a bank holiday weekend at Edale with friends...camping. Big mistake as continuous curtains of rain swept the campsite. Beautiful countryside though image